How to export to Prores in Adobe Premiere Pro CC for windows ?

kidzrevil

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
8 hours ago, monica660 said:

Is this tutorial I found on Google helpful? Good luck!

Grrrrrr...

Google serves up that ridiculous piece of software for just about any transcoding question. 

Brorosoft has vomitted this sort of manufactured content everywhere to exploit SEO. 

Heaven forbid one actually tries to locate legitimate advice about video transcoding through a search engine --as wading through the algorithmic garbage dump of information is barely useful. 

But then again, Monica660, you already knew that, didn't'cha?

That's why you're here. 

• 9 months later...

Export ProRes from Premiere Pro CC which is a little complicated, there are many details you need to pay attention to.

Step 1. Import the Video to Premiere Pro CC

Start the Premiere Pro CC, then choose File > Import. If you prefer to use keyboard shortcuts, press Command+I to open the standard Import dialog.

Step 2. Set A New Sequence Project

There are 2 ways to set a Sequence Project, you can click "File" to choose "New", the choose the "Sequence", or you can click the red mark, which is the direct sequence icon,click it and enter the sequence window.

Step 3. Set the Editing Mode

When you open the New Sequence, the go to the"Setting" and choose the "Editing Mode", at the list, choose the"Custom" which you can set other parameters by yourself.

Step 4. Set The Preview File Format

After the Editing Mode is done, choose the "Preview File Format", at the drop-down list, choose the"Quick Time"

Step 5. Set ProRes Codec

Under the Preview File Format, it's the Codec choice, click it and you can see many options of ProRes, such as: Apple ProRes 422, Apple ProRes 422(HQ), Apple ProRes 422(LT), Apple ProRes 422(Proxy), etc. Choose one you want.

Step 6. Export ProRes from Premiere Pro CC

Go to File>Export>Media. You could also press the shortcut key "control M" on PC or "command M" on Mac.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

You can export ProRes from Premiere Pro CC by following the steps below:

Step 1. Import the Video to Premiere Pro CC

Start the Premiere Pro CC, then choose File > Import. If you prefer to use keyboard shortcuts, press Command+I to open the standard Import dialog.

Step 2. Set A New Sequence Project

There are 2 ways to set a Sequence Project, you can click "File" to choose "New", the choose the "Sequence", or you can click the red mark, which is the direct sequence icon,click it and enter the sequence window.

Step 3. Set the Editing Mode

When you open the New Sequence, the go to the"Setting" and choose the "Editing Mode", at the list, choose the"Custom" which you can set other parameters by yourself.

Step 4. Set The Preview File Format

After the Editing Mode is done, choose the "Preview File Format", at the drop-down list, choose the"Quick Time"

Step 5. Set ProRes Codec

Under the Preview File Format, it's the Codec choice, click it and you can see many options of ProRes, such as: Apple ProRes 422, Apple ProRes 422(HQ), Apple ProRes 422(LT), Apple ProRes 422(Proxy), etc. Choose one you want.

Go to File>Export>Media. You could also press the shortcut key "control M" on PC or "command M" on Mac.

6 hours ago, FannieJane said:

Step 5. Set ProRes Codec

What you describe, only works under Mac OS X (and is unnecessarily complex for that operating system).

Under Windows, there is no encoding support for ProRes in Premiere. ProRes also does not turn up in the Preview File Format options for Quicktime that you mention in your Step 5:

codecs.thumb.jpg.bd28ebf69991d32879277118bc958558.jpg

Everyone would be better off in the future if they just use Cineform. When someone asks for Prores delivery, tell them that Cineform is better. If they insist tell them that they should be paying extra for the mac ecosystem, because at the end of the day it is costing you more money. 

Now it is open source.

https://gopro.com/news/gopro-open-sources-the-cineform-codec

https://gopro.github.io/cineform-sdk/

I am a mac user, but please stop using proprietary codecs. Especially the ones that don't work across platforms by design like Prores. 

8 hours ago, Don Kotlos said:

Everyone would be better off in the future if they just use Cineform. When someone asks for Prores delivery, tell them that Cineform is better. If they insist tell them that they should be paying extra for the mac ecosystem, because at the end of the day it is costing you more money. 

Now it is open source.

I am a mac user, but please stop using proprietary codecs. Especially the ones that don't work across platforms by design like Prores. 

Cineform is more efficient as well :)

10 hours ago, Don Kotlos said:

Now it is open source.

Don, I am very interested in using CineForm. I agree about not using proprietary stuff (this is why I won't really ever go with FCPX).

I followed the links you shared and read them, but I am not tech savvy enough to do whatever that second link was describing. I have Adobe Cloud. Is there a simple way for me to get and use CineForm on a Mac?

EDIT: Never mind Don, I figured it out. For those also interested, look for "GoPro CineForm" in the drop down menu and not just CineForm. Here's a link from Adobe on the matter.