Powerful and future upgradable PC on low budget

Martin Matěj

Hello Guys

I read a lot here but post very little. Learned a ton here so thank you all!

I would like your advice. I have a ton of material from my GH4 that I would like to process for microstock agencies. I need to able to process 4K H.264 at 100Mbit. I usually apply warp stabiliser and sometimes color correction. 
I dont have much money so I was thinking about buying a i7 6700K which has integrated graphics which I know sucks but I could upgrade that in future when I will have more money. How much would a graphics card like GTX960 help with applying warp stabiliser? Would it be that much faster?

I would use 256 GB SSD from my laptop. Its some fast kingston which should have something like 500MB write/read

I would start with 16GB of RAM

And maybe put some 1 or 2 TB 7200 RPM spinning drives in raid 0.

Could you recommend me some cheap but good FullHD LCD? I am afraid that 4K LCDs are gonna be expensive so I would prefer some good FULL HD. What should I look for color accuracy and color gamut?

I am also thinking about buying i7 5820K which has six cores but is older tech and I would need external graphics card immediately?

How is 6700K vs 5820K  in premiere pro with native h.264 4K files? I dont care about long rendering times. I mainly want smooth playback preferably in full resolution and fast warp stabilising which I guess will never be fast in 4K. How much does 6700K helps with working with H.265 files? My friend has 5820K and his PC was doing pretty well with native NX1 files.

I would love to be able to upgrade the PC in future so please be mindful of that.

Thanks for all the tips guys!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

You don't need many cores. H264 decoding is fairly single threaded. Go with the 6700k and when you need more you can always overclock. 

A dedicated GPU is more important than cores so try to get it at the beginning.

There are plenty cheap but good quality hd ips LCDs. You will need it to cover sRGB and be relatively accurate. Avoid glossy ones.