"Best-Seller" Horror/Suspense Short Film shot on Nikons

Wild Ranger

Hi everyone, Merry Christmas!

I wanna share my last short film, "Best-Seller". I shot it entirely with Nikon D7100 and D5300 on September 2014. I´m releasing it online now because it was circulating some festival during this last year. Hope you all can enjoy it. IT HAVE ENGLISH SUBTITLES just activate them.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Stellar work! This was the creepiest film that I have seen in a while, and I think that it would be for anyone with an imagination. Acting was great and sound design was superb. You should be very proud of this!

How did you accomplish the slow push into the tape recorder? Motorized slider?

Hi, Thank you a lot! I am really proud of it.

The final shot was made with a combination of Stills, 3d mapping and in last place a macro shot of the recorder, then al composed in a after effects, that was the only way, its kind of a imposible shot without a lot of expensive gear.

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

I have a question: does the D7100 image differ in anyway from the D5300? 

I am wondering whether the D7100 has the D5200 image (which had shadow banding) or the clean D5300/D5500. 

Ok, I'll come out and say it... the opening titles made me nauseous. Handheld shots are all well and good, but combining them with stationary titles is a recipe for vomit. 

Ok, nice to know it! I will take that note for the next time.

I have a question: does the D7100 image differ in anyway from the D5300? 

I am wondering whether the D7100 has the D5200 image (which had shadow banding) or the clean D5300/D5500. 

Both cameras have the same kind of image. D7100 have banding but it wasn't hard to clean in post. D5300 is perfect.

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

That's what I suspected. D7100 is D5200 Toshiba sensor while the D7200 has the D5300 Nikon made sensor which lacks the shadow banding and is a tad cleaner in lowlight. Its not a notoceable difference in most scenes though and you film proves it. Very good colours, Great work