AF lenses for NX system

sandro

Hello,

I'm working for the winter on the ski slopes and I'm stuck using my old 550D with Canon EF lenses provided by employer.

Being a video guy I have a set of manual lenses for my NX1. Since I'm only shooting pictures I need an all around lens for this purpose and I want to use the potential of the NX1 for pictures as well!

Do you know if there's an adapter to use AF with third party lenses? I see that nobody makes lenses for NX1 and the only one made by Samsung is the 18-200mm.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

The 16-50 kit zoom is a pretty wicked lens for the money - seeing them for as low as $140. Wide open they're really pretty and the AF is startlingly good, the OIS is very nice as well. Stopped down, make sure your sharpness is off - I found my test footage to be wacky-crazy-surreal sharp from F8 on or so. But if you own an NX1 (and don't have the S zoom) it's ridiculous not to have it. I'm using it for paying gigs, steadicam and fig-rig style handheld. Footage is just tits. Focus is awesome. Really glad I bought the body + lens for the extra $200. (To be clear, 90% of my paid shoots I have Nikkors on the NX, but I've gotten very hard to get types of shots with the kit lens and they edit in smoothly).

Funny, my daughter just had a baby, and with the kit zoom, the NX1 is the best "grab some family footage" video camera I have ever, ever owned. Great AF and the footage is gorgeous up to 2200 iso. 

Yeah I own the 16-50... pretty sharp. Thing is the job I have right now requires a single lens from 16/18 to at least 130mm and the 18-200 is the only option Samsung offers to use autofocus (and fast) which I absolutely need. I also read the optics is pretty bad.

Also I notice there's no cheap third party lenses flashes to use on the NX1 (another must for this job). 

Doesn't look like the NX system is ideal for photography.

For my kind of photography, nx1 offers almost everything I need. I want fast operation, good iq, good video, fast burst, fast af, fast lenses in the range of 24-200mm equivalent (no need of a single lens in that range).

I'm still missing a decent option in the range of 300-600mm equivalent, but that'd be needed for <1% of my shots.

P.s. I'm perfectly fine with the af44 flash by Metz. It's remote ttl controlled by nx1 and ppwerful enough for 99.9% of my cases.

Any other setup giving me the power of nx1 would have been 4x as expensive, at least.

Thing is the job I have right now requires a single lens from 16/18 to at least 130mm and the 18-200 is the only option Samsung offers to use autofocus (and fast) which I absolutely need. I also read the optics is pretty bad.

I don't want to sound negative, but what you are looking for will be pretty bad on any camera system, it's only a question of "good enough". These super-zooms are made for convenience, not for absolute image quality. If you shoot for web galleries or comparable use, all of them are sufficient and so will be the samsung 18-200 I would think.

I don't want to sound negative, but what you are looking for will be pretty bad on any camera system, it's only a question of "good enough". These super-zooms are made for convenience, not for absolute image quality. If you shoot for web galleries or comparable use, all of them are sufficient and so will be the samsung 18-200 I would think.

I well aware of that. I guess the price is so high because they have a monopoly for the NX system.