Settings and Stills from Bernie Sanders short film on A7S ii

Ed_David

here's some screengrabs from a short film I'm making for Bernie Sanders using the A7S ii with leica 35mm lens in 4k mode. Click on them to see full-size.

Pro Gamut, sharpness at minus 5.  CINE4.  

in post color chart, then to 500t lut and also adding in an alexa rec709 lut from film convert and some film grain.

I'll make a lut to download if anyone is interested.

I feel that even at minus 5 sharpness it feels too sharp of a camera.  I'm really impressed by the quality and the stabilization on the sensor is great.  Walking with the camera, well it's not going to look smooth unless you use a steadicam or a gimbal.  Interested in the Nebula 4200 when it comes out.

Also now I have to do a test with the Sony F35, F3, and A7S ii and see which ones I'll sell onto ebay.  

Blackmagic DaVinci ResolveScreenSnapz182.jpg

Blackmagic DaVinci ResolveScreenSnapz181.jpg

Blackmagic DaVinci ResolveScreenSnapz179.jpg

Blackmagic DaVinci ResolveScreenSnapz174.jpg

Blackmagic DaVinci ResolveScreenSnapz173.jpg

Blackmagic DaVinci ResolveScreenSnapz172.jpg

Blackmagic DaVinci ResolveScreenSnapz170.jpg

Blackmagic DaVinci ResolveScreenSnapz169.jpg

Blackmagic DaVinci ResolveScreenSnapz168.jpg

Blackmagic DaVinci ResolveScreenSnapz153.jpg

Blackmagic DaVinci ResolveScreenSnapz150.jpg

Blackmagic DaVinci ResolveScreenSnapz129.jpg

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Well on the trailer for Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwXFsrp6WBs

Which is probably shot on the Alexa XT or something there seems to be both blue and red channel clipping in this shot of the headlights. I attached a screengrab from the trailer.

So it's a common problem with all cameras.  I think as well as film, but I don't know.

Shooting police sirens is a way to test.  I think if you can, just avoid these super saturated deep lights with any camera.

Google ChromeScreenSnapz012.jpg

Well on the trailer for Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwXFsrp6WBs

Which is probably shot on the Alexa XT or something there seems to be both blue and red channel clipping in this shot of the headlights. I attached a screengrab from the trailer.

So it's a common problem with all cameras.  I think as well as film, but I don't know.

Shooting police sirens is a way to test.  I think if you can, just avoid these super saturated deep lights with any camera.

Google ChromeScreenSnapz012.jpg

nah the clipping in the Sony's look more extreme here's an example bro

https://vimeo.com/107452261

thankfully a forum member said it can be cured with a white balance adjustment. Definitely considering a sony a7sii