Best high frame rate video camera?

rjSteve

I'm looking for a camera that can sustain a high frame rate for a prolonged period of time and is self contained (no external power, etc) for recording and analyzing the gait of fast moving animals (think cheetahs and greyhounds.... reaching 30mph and up in only a few stride lengths).  Being capable of reasonably autofocusing would be ideal, since I'd like to be able to hand the camera off to novices at times.

Is the A7SII the best option at this point with 120fps at 1920x1080?  Would I be better off looking at a panasonic camcorder?  Something completely different?

Thanks

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I'm looking for a camera that can sustain a high frame rate for a prolonged period of time and is self contained (no external power, etc) for recording and analyzing the gait of fast moving animals (think cheetahs and greyhounds.... reaching 30mph and up in only a few stride lengths).  Being capable of reasonably autofocusing would be ideal, since I'd like to be able to hand the camera off to novices at times.

Is the A7SII the best option at this point with 120fps at 1920x1080?  Would I be better off looking at a panasonic camcorder?  Something completely different?

Thanks

100fps are adequate for 2d kinematic gait analysis of walk trot or gallop in small and large animals.

i am using a Samsung nx1 in dogs with great results. Auto focus of this camera is great but useless in gait analysis studies. 

Budget... let's say $5,000 for a usable system.

Presently I shoot nikon and use a camera from their 1 system for slow motion, but due to the somewhat unpredictable movement and length of time I would desire to record, I find 2-4 second caps and then waiting for a buffer to clear to be limiting.

Low light is not necessarily required, but preferable.  Outdoors midday in fair weather will be the primary working environment.

I would go FS700. Slow motion is good, you have NDs etc, low light is decent, it is upgradable using something like an Odyssey 7q... And, perhaps most importantly for animal work, it has a buffer mode that means you can click record and it will record the previous 6-12 seconds .... Takes out alot of the unpredictable side of filming animals