Poll... STARWARS WILL BE RUBBISH?

richg101

STARWARS will exhibit every aspect true film enthusiasts hate about modern cinema  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Rather than a movie for real film enthusiasts, those who go to see the movie will likely come away feeling like they watched a movie not far off Transformers or a Marvel based film.

• No way. The new Star Wars is obviously going to do the business and fulfil my every want and need from a cinema experience.
    • I'm not watching it because I know it'll be garbage, just like nearly every modern cash cow milking session of a trusted franchise.
    • I'm going in with an open mind. I hope they don't make the same mistakes as seen in Jurrassic World

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

It starter off okay, had some nice references to the earlier movies throughout, but somewhere along the way it got as ridiculous as Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. I mean, you get all excited at first with the typical soundtracks playing and for a second get that oldschool nostalgic feel and... then it's gone just like that. Anyways, it turned out to be a somewhat adecent brainless watch... but I don't have the need to ever watch it again. Same for recent Bond movies.

Jurrasic World was awful, all these fake emotions in american blockbusters are very boring, it's like watching the walking dead.

Let's take for example  "2001 a space oddyssey", if they would have done that movie today, at least one hour of footage would be about the saying good bye to the pregnant woman the astronaut is leaving behind with some absurd additional emotional problematics like the emo/goth teenage daughter that is very upset, BLA BLA, seriously I don't get why anybody wants to spend time watching cheesy clichees, every single fucking movie is the same.

Yes. Opening night I'm sticking to regular format for nostalgic purposes. The next day IMAX 3D.

Make sure you see it in a real IMAX, not LieMAX. Only true IMAX theaters in Chicago are Navy Pier, Seven Bridges Woodridge, and Regal Lincolnshire

Add link for real IMAX theaters, look for "1570": http://www.lfexaminer.com/theaUSA.htm

I've very excited. I'm a theater projectionist so I get to test it Wednesday morning. Seeing it in 2D first, then 3D, then at our opening on Thursday night. Then a week later in the new IMAX 4K lazer projection system. 

Hoping for a great film, expecting a decent one that falls below people's expectations. But I think the film is less a film and more a cultural event. Connects people of all ages. I've had 60+ year olds who have bought tickets in advance that have said this is the first film they've seen in theaters in over 10 years. Over 2000 tickets presold. This thing is a monster. 

I've very excited. I'm a theater projectionist so I get to test it Wednesday morning. Seeing it in 2D first, then 3D, then at our opening on Thursday night. Then a week later in the new IMAX 4K lazer projection system. 

Hoping for a great film, expecting a decent one that falls below people's expectations. But I think the film is less a film and more a cultural event. Connects people of all ages. I've had 60+ year olds who have bought tickets in advance that have said this is the first film they've seen in theaters in over 10 years. Over 2000 tickets presold. This thing is a monster. 

You son of a bitch :D JK. I'm avoiding Twitter till Thursday. Want to go in with no spoilers.

I'm not saying a word about the plot...but I really did not enjoy the majority of The Force Awakens. It has some great things in it, but the lows are really REALLY bad in my opinion. Lower your expectations people, trust me.

Interesting. I'm still optimistic though. 97% on Rotten Tomatoes is no easy feat. Especially considering A New Hope and Empire were less than 95%.