SLR Magic 35mm T/1.4 Vs Nikkor 50mm f/1.2 AI-S

/p/

I need a standard focal length low light lens for my GH3 and I'm trying to decide between the SLR Magic 35mm T/1.4 and the Nikkor 50mm f/1.2 AI-S. I'm currently saving for a trip to the US so I don't want to spend too much. 

I already own a Nikkor 50mm f/1.2 AI-S, so I wouldn't need to buy one but I'd need to buy the adapter. The problem is neither of these lenses are a standard focal length.. I have a 14mm f/2.5 which covers me for a 28mm wide but my only other lens starts at 75mm (150mm) so I'm desperate for a standard focal length low light lens. 

I could go with the Nikkor but at 100mm it's so far from standard that I think I'd still be desperate for something closer to 50mm, but the SLR Magic 35mm isn't exactly standard either at 70mm equivalent..... It cost more than twice as much as a good adapter but at least it's CLOSER to standard than the Nikkor, and good in low light as well.

Any ideas on which one I should get? Any other options that I would be good alternatives and cost less than $300? (Including an adapter if needed).

Thanks.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Are you in a hurry?

I've been wanting something similar, but I'm waiting for the Speed Booster.

If you want a standard lens on 2x crop, you basically need something around 25mm. A 24mm f/1.4 is the fastest you can get, but it's big and expensive (Samyang being the cheapest around $600). 35mm x2 is far to long as 'standard' for my taste.

With the Speed Booster you get 1,4x crop instead of 2x and you'll win a stop of light and dof. It costs $600 but it does kinda give you two lenses for the price of one, and it will do magic on any 50mm/35mm/24mm or wider you'll buy in the future. Even a cheap 35mm f/2.8 would turn into a nice f/2 standard lens.

If you want a cheap standard lens for your GH3 right now, find a 24mm f/2.8 or 28mm f/2.8, Nikkor or Canon FD. For $300 you might be able to find a 24mm f/2.

Keep the Nikkor, it will be magic with the Speed Booster ;)