Sony A7S II Review Part 2

Edwin Cheng

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

That was never a 2 part review Phil.

It said "I will be hooking up my Atomos Ninja Star to the D750 in part 2 of the review." back in the "Nikon D750 review – initial thoughts and real-world footage – ladies and gentleman we have a contender!" so I originally always secretly hoped there might come something following on it. Was probably reading too much between the lines.

The review was one of the reasons I bought the D750 (my focus is photography so far) and never regreted. So thanks in any case :-)

Just sad there's not much of a following / community around using it for video, most of the things on Vimeo I found filmed with it were not so nice.

Anything else people would like to see?

A cold beer thank you !!!!!!! lol

I've been testing the A7SII also and was wondering if i was the only one on this earth to find the colors just as this accurate !!!! ... Just tell me i'm wrong !!! Compared to the 5DIII i find no mind blowing difference in terms of colors... I use the X-Rite color checker and nothing to say... everything rules... Just don't go too far with 8 bits...

The only drawback i've found is the way a Lexar pro 90 mB/s is not reliable on this camera... don't know why... And a drawback that doesn't concern the body itself but the adapter to use Ef lenses... The Commlite EF NEX adapter is just bullshit as it flares BIG !!!!! I find metabones too expensive to my tastes...

Oh if it's a Q&A time, what about LX100 review part 2?

"Stay tuned for the full review" in the last paragraph of your Shooting with a 4K pocket camera – the exceptional Panasonic LX100 review.

You said a lot about it in several cases such as the Eos M3 review, and the camera appeard in several comparison videos. That headline kept me excited :)

I got it you really like the camera, but you dont like the fixed lens

Thanks for the reply, and thanks in advance for the goodies to come! I'm on the fence between the A7R II and the A7S II, I had almost made my mind up when I noticed that you are selling your A7R II. I know each persons needs in a camera are different, but will be great to read your final thoughts on this R II vs S II matter. Cheers!

• Administrators

Thanks for the reply, and thanks in advance for the goodies to come! I'm on the fence between the A7R II and the A7S II, I had almost made my mind up when I noticed that you are selling your A7R II. I know each persons needs in a camera are different, but will be great to read your final thoughts on this R II vs S II matter. Cheers!

That is coming soon as well!

I would really like your take on the GH4 V-LOG + FilmConvert which seams to make the most out of it.

I bet I'm not the only one...

Anyway, good to see the nice stuff that's coming !

I am now using V-LOG, it's pretty good.

When I find time will write more about it.