Wide Angle Adapters?

Caleb Genheimer

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

please share some examples of those small sensor wide angle lenses providing adequate iq on large sensors and I'll eat my head.  you recommend a brand who manufacture attachments for consumer camcorders.  they are not capable of working on large sensors.  Period.  It sounds to me like you googled 'best wide angle attachments' and posted the first brand you found.    http://www.zunow.tv/     

so Zunov is for consumers and p.o.s. cavision  for pros? Richard, what are you talking;

well, anyways, keep shooting with this WA nonsense

so Zunov is for consumers and p.o.s. cavision  for pros? Richard, what are you talking;

well, anyways, keep shooting with this WA nonsense

As I;ve said before,  share your results from the zunow.  unless we see images that back up your opinions your contributions are worth less than nothing.

• 2 months later...

Adapters Vs Converters, one is "focus through/ zoom through" the other isn't. Typically Adapters you need a macro mode or the correct strength diopter between your lens and the adapter for it to focus at all. Converters are usually bigger and heavier but not always.

I have used quite a few WA converters with my Kowa ElmoII.
I have an old WA converter for mini DV cams with bayonet mount that I modded to a 77mm thread on back, it has a huge rear element and weighs a ton. It's a 0.7x converter and it does make my footage considerably wider with the trade off being you can't shoot at as low f.stop if you want sharp edges... Honestly though I never use the thing because it weighs a ton, I should have spent that money on something else instead of on what is now basically an expensive door stop.

If I always shot on rails with a proper rig I could see it being useful, but I don't and really ever do so it's just another silly thing I bought.

I also have a 0.4x HD fisheye adapter I purchased for the same purpose, with that I need to use a +8 diopter for correct focus, but it's as heavy and stupid as the Converter I bought, not really useful. It does make a crazy wide anamorphic fisheye shot though, which I guess is kind of cool.