Where There's A Will (showreel piece for actor group)

Inazuma

This is one of 27 films I shot over four days using my new Canon C100 Mark II. It's my first time directing, shooting and editing short films. And to do 27 of them in a short space of time with not much prep was very challenging!

Shot CLOG handheld with the 17-55mm f2.8 IS. Two softboxed lights at different positions depending on the camera angle. Wish I had done more continuous shots to make the editing easier.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

First off, it looked very nice. Natural. Second, the actress was great! I'd expect to see more of her in the future. He was very good too. Amazing work for having to do so many in such a short span of time. 

As far as your statement about you wishing you had done more continuous shots to make the editing easier... I'm not sure I agree. Since this is for actor's reels, I assume the goal is to see the actors shine... They need their close ups for that and you need the ability to edit out the bad and put in the good. Also, shot selection is vital to telling the story. In this story you have two people that aren't together any longer, but both, in some way, wish they were. If you had too many two shots, or movement, the disjointed disconnect would be gone. So, I think it worked. Good job. 

OT, a while back I had posted a video where I used a Miranda m42 lens, were you the one interested in it? If so, I noticed there is one or two up for sale in the UK on eBay. If that wasn't you... Then never mind, I liked your short. 

As far as your statement about you wishing you had done more continuous shots to make the editing easier... I'm not sure I agree. Since this is for actor's reels, I assume the goal is to see the actors shine... They need their close ups for that and you need the ability to edit out the bad and put in the good. Also, shot selection is vital to telling the story. In this story you have two people that aren't together any longer, but both, in some way, wish they were. If you had too many two shots, or movement, the disjointed disconnect would be gone. So, I think it worked. Good job. 

Alright, fair enough. I'll take that compliment :)

No I don't think I asked you about any miranda lenses. Are they special somehow?