Print from BMPCC DNG

Turboguard

I'm making a photobook from DNG's from my BMPCC and was wondering if anyone know what the largest format I could print the images as. My book is going to be 8x8" so I don't feel like it would be a problem with quality loss but just want to see if anyone here new what the largest possible print could be (beyond my book).

Thanks guys!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

you can print them as big as you want. its an aesthetic decision.

300dpi is massive overkill for most printing technology _ but that's a major question, ~how~ are they being printed? photo process? inkjet? etc

bottomline you need to make some proofs at different resolution to see what youre satisfied with. 150ppi will likely render more on paper than you think

additionally, you can always up-res your frames to whatever ppi you want, which brings me back to my first statement, that you can make them as big as you want. they wont become ~pixelated~ as long as you up-res them, and the filmy character of your camera will shine though more as they grow in scale :relaxed:

I don't know if anyone is still interested in this but I printed a collection of 12 images in 17x11" and the images look gorgeous. The sharpness and detail is so crisp and nice and when I had a small showing of the images to some photographers they said they were really impressed these images coming from 2Mpix files.

All I did before printing (after initial color correcting) was to resize the images 200% in ACR. Again, if someone is interested I can take some pics and upload of some of the printed images.

I don't know if anyone is still interested in this but I printed a collection of 12 images in 17x11" and the images look gorgeous. The sharpness and detail is so crisp and nice and when I had a small showing of the images to some photographers they said they were really impressed these images coming from 2Mpix files.

All I did before printing (after initial color correcting) was to resize the images 200% in ACR. Again, if someone is interested I can take some pics and upload of some of the printed images.

Yes would be very interested to see the results you got.

i rest my case~! fantastic im glad youre happy ☺️

I don't know if this makes sense to upload a jpg of the prints. Also it's already dark here and I don't have good lighting in my apartment (I like it dark haha).

But yeah, took a pic of 3 of them. They're all 17x11" printed on Premium Luster paper on a Epson 3880 I believe.

EDIT; I'm gonna retake them tomorrow during the day for better images of the images, hehe.

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg