Ursa Mini 4.6K new footage and info...

John Emery

7 minutes ago, Jonesy Jones said:

If you haven't seen this... check it. I just don't see what people are not seeing. I personally don't think a Red or Alexa would have looked any better. There are amazing things coming from this camera. As I've said, this sensor is going to change the world, ultimate playing field leveler. 

Damn. What a ****ing location and awesome composition.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
53 minutes ago, Jonesy Jones said:

If you haven't seen this... check it. I just don't see what people are not seeing. I personally don't think a Red or Alexa would have looked any better. There are amazing things coming from this camera. As I've said, this sensor is going to change the world, ultimate playing field leveler. 

Password 'ursa'

I wonder if they edited this in Premiere. RAW has become wacky inside of Premiere and adds a weird cyan fringe (which you can see on the edge of some trees).

27 minutes ago, AaronChicago said:

I wonder if they edited this in Premiere. RAW has become wacky inside of Premiere and adds a weird cyan fringe (which you can see on the edge of some trees).

I noticed that too. Honestly, it's a relief to hear that the fringing is a problem with Premiere and not the camera itself, because this footage rocks in every other respect.

2 hours ago, Jonesy Jones said:

Looks like someone has equity in BlackMagic Design.

Change the world, give me a break. It looks fine. Great location, sharp long primes, and obvious grading effort. Playing field leveler lol

When is this damn camera gonna be available and shipping out!?! 

NAB is next month! They might announce another new camera, and post a shipping time of summer 2016 for that camera. While these cameras are still on pre-order status from last year NAB. =(

What they should announce, is that they aren't making any new cameras and focused on shipping out their current pre-orders! Lol

On March 1, 2016 at 1:57 PM, TheRenaissanceMan said:

I noticed that too. Honestly, it's a relief to hear that the fringing is a problem with Premiere and not the camera itself, because this footage rocks in every other respect.

I asked him and he said he edited in Premiere but it was ProRes. Not Raw.

On 3. März 2016 at 7:06 AM, Mattias Burling said:

Raw isnt available yet as far as I know.

It is:

Raw 3.1, 60fps in 4608×2592. The comments on the *slight* magenta cast cause worrying: is that IR-pollution or *just* the filmmakers inability to grade? Unbelievable. Well, for all practical purposes, I don't see the advantages over ProResHD so far. Even, as one has pointed out, the obvious advantage over the much cheaper 4k version ...

2 hours ago, Axel said:

I don't see the advantages over ProResHD so far. Even, as one has pointed out, the obvious advantage over the much cheaper 4k version ...

Well, it looks like there's an important advantage when you shoot Raw (specially for those that think the motion of the 4.6K cam looks too videoish). Used to 5D ML Raw, there was something bugging me about the footage I was seeing from the Ursa 4.6K, I loved the latest stills, but in motion it always lost a big chunk of its cinematic mojo. Speaking to one of the cams testers over at BMCuser, he told me that it's got to do with the Prores compression, and that shooting Raw retains the cinematic motion...

http://www.bmcuser.com/showthread.php?15520-Brief-thoughts-and-a-bit-of-footage-from-the-URSA-Mini-4-6K/page297