Ursa Mini 4.6K new footage and info...

John Emery

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Yep, still beta testing 5 months after:unamused:... It's looking better and better (a touch over sharpen maybe?), but BM sure knows how to test our patience.

Some beta testers have been sharpening in post :/ 

I think that if they deliver the DR and overall quality (noise, skin tones, easy grading) it will be a hit : )

Most potential buyers are really paying attention to the theoretical DR. 

• 2 weeks later...

damn that is one of the better "camera test" videos that I've seen, and not a single cat (or flowers in the backyard) in sight during it!

Most "tests" are terrible. 

This camera is obviously a powerhouse imaging device and will be spectacular in the right hands. 

I cancelled my pre-order as I needed to spend my cash on a camera system that was working now for next lot of work. Sure I'll be re-visiting a purchase mid-2016, if it ever gets released! ;)

Most "tests" are terrible. 

This camera is obviously a powerhouse imaging device and will be spectacular in the right hands. 

I cancelled my pre-order as I needed to spend my cash on a camera system that was working now for next lot of work. Sure I'll be re-visiting a purchase mid-2016, if it ever gets released! ;)

Which camera system are you getting instead?? I'd recommend the Sony PMW-F3 :-D Is a fantastic cinema camera.

And at only US$2k ish on eBay, you'll still have heaps of cash spare come mid 2016 to pick up the URSA Mini as well ;-)

It's downright weird who gets to use Blackmagic's new stuff first.

Surely they can get it into some more talented hands than this? A big name even? Shane Meadows is a user for starters.

John Brawley is apparently using his on a big series right now alongside an Alexa, but can't release the footage yet (for obvious reasons).

Also, Kholi and some of these other guys are insanely talented and putting out great samples. One of the beta testers on BMC User will be using his on a professional short in the next couple weeks, and another is planning a test between the 4.6k and BMCC . Lots of great information over on their forum thread.

John Brawley is apparently using his on a big series right now alongside an Alexa, but can't release the footage yet (for obvious reasons).

Here is a Brawley clip with Ursa Mini 4,6k and Alexa Mini (in case you haven't seen it already):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6a6EToQsEM

Not exactly inspring. People try to guess whether the strobe lights were captured with UM's global shutter or if AM's electronic shutter is that good.

I find the black dancer from above more interesting. Only few cameras can capture such a complex spectrum of skintones. The rest, the grading, the lighting, proof of DR and the like, belong to the category it's not the camera ...

• 3 weeks later...