A7SII 4K Extreme Banding?

Jorge

Hello,

I used Canon for 20 years and now I bought a Sony A7SII because I want to go into 4K but it is like learn how to walk again.
I made a test during an assignment and the result is horrendous with extreme banding in 4k (you will need to enlarge the photo to see the stripes) that disappeared when I exported it to 1920x1080 in FCPX.
I shot with 100 ISO without any profile with a Canon 24mm f1.4 + a Fotodiox adapter. The color is bad too, but one problem at time.
Beside, I am using an old MacBook from 2010 that show me the advice "Editing projects with 4k (or larger) resolution is not recommended on this computer. You may experience performance issues". The banding in 4K is the issue?

Any comment is welcome

example.jpg

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hello,

I used Canon for 20 years and now I bought a Sony A7SII because I want to go into 4K but it is like learn how to walk again.
I made a test during an assignment and the result is horrendous with extreme banding in 4k (you will need to enlarge the photo to see the stripes) that disappeared when I exported it to 1920x1080 in FCPX.
I shot with 100 ISO without any profile with a Canon 24mm f1.4 + a Fotodiox adapter. The color is bad too, but one problem at time.
Beside, I am using an old MacBook from 2010 that show me the advice "Editing projects with 4k (or larger) resolution is not recommended on this computer. You may experience performance issues". The banding in 4K is the issue?

Any comment is welcome

example.jpg

Strange. That's not 'banding' in the traditional sense. I think someone posted about this 2 or so weeks ago except that kind of pattern noise appeared at night. Might be a faulty unit.