GH4 V-LOG Drone footage

kuau

New to the site.

I shoot all drone footage with my GH4 and just started using V-LOG

99% of all my footage is all high contrast scenes, snow covered mountains, skiing, etc.

So far I have had good luck with V-LOG

My question is in regards to post in Resolve 12 Studio and this blog from a while back which I am sure everyone has read

http://www.eoshd.com/2014/02/discovery-4k-8bit-420-panasonic-gh4-converts-1080p-10bit-444/

Since I have to shoot internal UHD, 30FPS, 4:2:0 8bit  V-LOG and final render to 1080P is it still worth transcoding my footage first as discussed in the above blog?

I am Windows based and have to at least in Resolve 12 use the "Optimize Media" because working with native H.264 is just to slow. I have been transcoding into DNXHD 4:4:4

I have tried to convert a few files in GoPro Studio into Cineform HD 4:2:2 and then work on these files directly in Resolve.

I am still new to all of this and just want to make sure I am not trying to make my 4:2:0 footage any better by going through the extra step.

Any advice on a solid workflow would be greatly appreciated.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Thanks Adam, that's what I was thinking also,

What about this whole conversation about shooting in 4K/UHD and downsampling to 1080p.

The way I understand it is you don't just take your 4k footage and drop it on a 1080P timeline.

Can some explain the proper way to do this in Resolve the correct way?

Thanks Adam, that's what I was thinking also,

What about this whole conversation about shooting in 4K/UHD and downsampling to 1080p.

The way I understand it is you don't just take your 4k footage and drop it on a 1080P timeline.

Can some explain the proper way to do this in Resolve the correct way?

i usually just edit in 4K and downscale to HD while rendering. Not sure about the best solution for downscaling in Resolve.