Your ideal NX1 Settings

Geoff CB

59 minutes ago, ricardo_sousa11 said:

I ust followed a friends advice, it seems to preserve better the highlights, but might be a placebo effect.

To my experience it isn't a placebo effect but very real. It preserves the highlights and lifts the shadows. It's very visible if you test is with the same shot and same settings.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
25 minutes ago, Blah Blah said:

To my experience it isn't a placebo effect but very real. It preserves the highlights and lifts the shadows. It's very visible if you test is with the same shot and same settings.

Thats what my friend told me, and it does seem to improve, thats why I recommend it, but I have never actually tested for it, its good to hear other people saying it as well!

Hi, people! I'm filmmaker from Lithuania. There is only two weeks as i have this amazing camera. I explored all this forum and i want to say huge thanks, for people, who sharing their experience in shooting videos whit this tool :) after sometime, i will share my works, shoot with this camera. Best regards!

P.S. In case someone didn't saw, the Filmconvert already has Samsung NX1 camera profile. Big applause for them! Check this out: http://filmconvert.com/download/camera-profile

Looks nice! I actually lived in Texas until last year. Glad to see the lut/settings working out for someone else. I have uploaded another LUT for the same settings based off Canon's 1DX Camera Standard profile and applied it to your original as a reference.

nx1dxcs.PNG

nx1dx-cs-beta.cube

I plan on working on some Fuji ones next (classic chrome, astia). I have some alexa and actual film ones I am playing with at the moment, but no idea how long they will take.

On 11/7/2016 at 0:59 PM, Marco Tecno said:

The sky looks a bit oversaturated, but keep in mind that in my original settings I didn't have the saturation turned down as per your suggestion (I tuned it 20% down when applying your lut)...

I was curious about the saturation, it should be less neon with the suggested settings I listed. All of the settings have a "beta" tag on the names currently. I plan on updating the settings to work for other in camera settings (Normal Gamma, Gamma C, etc), once they are more finalized. Just a quick preview of the ungraded video, accuracy/general lut, canon/1dx lut, and classic chrome lut. I am pretty happy with the general lut and 1dx. The classic chrome works well for landscape/city scapes, but I still have some luminance issues with skin tone to adjust.

nx1dx-cs-beta.cube

GammaDR-ar_custom-beta.cube

chrome-beta.cube

nx1-ungraded.PNG

nx1-1dx.PNG

nx1-general.PNG

nx1-chrome.PNG

Small update on the lut pack, 

I didnt have much time to finish all of them yet this weekend, and I really want them to all serve a purpose and be used for different scenarios, so I will need another week. Heres a small update on one of them, that is actually one of my favorite ones.

04n0eu9.jpg

9o88E1i.jpg

And full images :

UXk4tFl.jpg

msMdM7j.jpg

ATgaqoS.jpg

Vtsb7Y0.jpg

e9xcWPA.jpg

DaMYuCc.jpg

These examples were all one click only, no tweaking necessary. This lut will be called Greenleaf.

10 hours ago, ricardo_sousa11 said:

Small update on the lut pack, 

I didnt have much time to finish all of them yet this weekend, and I really want them to all serve a purpose and be used for different scenarios, so I will need another week. Heres a small update on one of them, that is actually one of my favorite ones.

04n0eu9.jpg

9o88E1i.jpg

And full images :

UXk4tFl.jpg

msMdM7j.jpg

ATgaqoS.jpg

Vtsb7Y0.jpg

e9xcWPA.jpg

DaMYuCc.jpg

These examples were all one click only, no tweaking necessary. This lut will be called Greenleaf.

really nice, thanks for sharing. The lut is complamenting the old settings? did you change anything for the in camera settings?

8 hours ago, timmyturntable said:

@ricardo_sousa11  Looks nuce, Ricardo!  Excited to get this LUT pack whrn you are finished with it...

What lenses did you use to shoot this?  Looks great!

I used the 16-50S Lens on a tripod, and just the work flow i described, nothing else. The magic i think was the sunset light and Daylight white balance in camera, normally i leave on auto. It was just an experiment. 

Looking forward to Ricardos LUTs too!

Good news!

The color luts are complete, I will now create 2 black and white, and a free lut as well.

Heres another quick look :

J2NKDvQ.jpg

bIfxg9s.jpg

Some are soft, others are more stylized. I also tested them with the Nikon D800 files a friend sent me, and they work great!

Im really excited to hear what you guys think, what should be tweaked or added and all the stuff you can come up with!

9 hours ago, ricardo_sousa11 said:

Good news!

The color luts are complete, I will now create 2 black and white, and a free lut as well.

Heres another quick look 

Some are soft, others are more stylized. I also tested them with the Nikon D800 files a friend sent me, and they work great!

Im really excited to hear what you guys think, what should be tweaked or added and all the stuff you can come up with!

Well I think they're awesome and will buy the pack for sure. It would be so efficient to have some drag and drop luts specific for the this camera,  and come to think of it there is pobably a market for camera specific luts.(those without log option). Thanks for this!