Your ideal NX1 Settings

Geoff CB

Even though I've been using Vasile's hack for quite a while now, I still follow Kinoseed's KS hacks Facebook page. Yesterday he posted the camera settings he uses, and I thought they were pretty bizarre/unique, certainly a bit different from what I expect most of us have been using.

I haven't tried them or anything, as I'm perfectly satisfied with my current settings, but I am curious to see what such strange settings do to the picture, take a look:

image.jpg

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
3 hours ago, Marco Tecno said:

I saw them as well. Are they for nx1 or nx500?

I would assume that they're meant to work for either camera, since he makes no mention of master black level or gamma dr, which are the only video settings exclusive to the NX1.

This is my first attempt with ricardo's settings. However I didn't use delut cause I wasn't able to make it work, instead I used Premiere's SL GOLD RUSH LDR with personal tweaks (no input LUT). I'm satisfied with the result expect for sky banding present on the original footage. Maybe a higher bitrate would been useful. I used the stock 80Mbit 120p.

Anyway I'm impressed by the amount of details this sensor deliver at 1080p from 28MP at 120fps. Samsung really made a beast. I could only imagine what a NX2 could have been like!

On 2/6/2016 at 3:15 AM, kidzrevil said:

I've been shooting gamma c at default contrast -10 sharpness and -1 / -2 saturation and wow. Blown away. These were shot with 16-235 but Today i am experimenting with 16-255 as I've read technicolor cinestyle used that range to optimize the image for the encoder. 16-235 remapped to 0-255 automatically in premiere and I assume the same would apply to the 16-255 footage ! for this look I did NOT use LUT's aS I noticed LUT's were exaggerating compression artifacts in the image even when denoising before applying the lut. I went old school and just installed my own toe and shoulder using curves and kept the curve in the midtone region linear. Using the zeiss milvus lenses it looks my theory is true. You can beat the in camera sharpening if you use a high contrast lens that can resolve up to 6k. I assume the noise reduction and sharpening algorithim sees the areas of the image are true detail and leaves those areas filled with fine detail alone. This camera deserves the moniker "baby red" because the image quality is stunning WHEN TREATED CORRECTLY.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Sorry to quote this old post but I just love this look, it's my favorite. It's incredible this has no MBL! Do you have any particular color correction setting "saved" for this look?

22 hours ago, sandro said:

Anyway I'm impressed by the amount of details this sensor deliver at 1080p from 28MP at 120fps. Samsung really made a beast. I could only imagine what a NX2 could have been like!

Excellent, it seems the 18-200 performs better with 1080p footage ...

1 hour ago, kidzrevil said:

@sandro it was gamma c at 16-235. I forgot which settings I used for Gamma C but I am working on some new ones anyway. Really wish I didn't have to use 16-235 but I dont have a choice til I find something to use other than premiere

You just color corrected manually?

1 hour ago, sandro said:

Is anyone using DIS with vintage lenses? I tried and when I pan even slowly i see some weird jello effect making it basically useless...

It's useless unless your holding the camera steady. Wish they had a menu item for how intense the effect is. Or that you could set the focal length like with the a7r 2

• 2 weeks later...