Panasonic G7 and 14-42 Lens - £339 after cashback - Buy @ £539.00

red

If anyone is looking into a Panasonic G7 now might be the time!

Panasonic DMC-G7 and 14-42 kit lens available from Amazon, Jessops, Currys, LCE etc...

£200 cashback from Panasonic.
Cashback runs from November 18th to December 6th.

Panasonic 4K Double Cashback Details:
http://promotions.panasonic.co.uk/promotions/promotions/view_terms/103

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Yep, amazing prices for all the Panny's after cashback:

Gh4 : body only : £762

G7 body only : £267

GX8 body only : £699

No cashback deals on Panny lenses though (yet) so it looks like Panasonic is aggressively trying to win customers through amazing camera deals. Time to get the credit card out.

I was all set to get choose between an LX100 or RX100 but swaying towards the G7 now! I previously had a G3 and this looks like a big step up.

@Cinegain I thought you typed kittens and was like Lumix Kittens :)

Do it! Comparable video to GH4 with less crop. If on a budget consider getting a cheap Pentax K adapter to add super cheap vintage lenses from eBay (longer focal lengths than the kit lens). You could probably get a few lenses, camera, memory cards, filters, tripod and an extra battery for under £500. Then upgrade in future to the Metabones and better lenses and/or the GH5.

fantastic deals - very tempting indeed thanks for heads-up

Two questions - even though very cheap - is there any benefit in upgrading my G6 body to a G7 ? I've seen some comparisons and it seemed that other than 4k - not a huge difference ? if it had the higher bitrate 1080p mode of GH4 etc I may have been tempted.  G7 dynamic range is only slightly better than the G6 ?

If I was to stretch to a GH4 - does the GH4 suffer from shuttershock like my G6 + 14-140 MKII is reported to ?

Gh4 : body only : £762

GX8 body only : £699

No cashback deals on Panny lenses though (yet) so it looks like Panasonic is aggressively trying to win customers through amazing camera deals. Time to get the credit card out.

It is £449 at Amazon UK, so that is £249 after rebate - a steal.  I was thinking about switching to Sony, but I already have u4/3 lenses and it will match up with my LX100.  The only thing missing on this camera is the > 30 minutes recording times and the 96fps in the GH4.

It is £449 at Amazon UK, so that is £249 after rebate - a steal.  I was thinking about switching to Sony, but I already have u4/3 lenses and it will match up with my LX100.  The only thing missing on this camera is the > 30 minutes recording times and the 96fps in the GH4.

It's also limited to UHD (no DCI 4K), doesn't output an HDMI signal while recording (so no 10-bit 4:2:2 out), no weather sealing, no V-LOG, and no headphone jack. 

On the plus side, the crop factor is a little less and it's better in low light. 

Great deal! Seems like the G7 body is not eligible for the Cashback though, has to be one of the kits:

DMC-G7HEB-KCashback£200.00€280.00
DMC-G7WEB-SCashback£200.00€280.00
DMC-G7KEB-KCashback£200.00€280.00
DMC-G7KEB-SCashback£200.00€280.00
DMC-G7EB-KCashback£200.00€280.00

It's also limited to UHD (no DCI 4K), doesn't output an HDMI signal while recording (so no 10-bit 4:2:2 out), no weather sealing, no V-LOG, and no headphone jack. 

On the plus side, the crop factor is a little less and it's better in low light. 

Thanks for that. I guess for my purposes I wouldn't miss those features. Also, the G7 cannot be switched PAL/NTSC.

I'm not too bothered about headphone/input jacks as I bought a used Shure lenshopper with the built-in recorder to get around these audio limitations (noisy em5II preamps, no input on LX100). As long as there is a hotshoe, I'm good.

I got a body-only G7 from Amazon for £249 after rebate. Too good a deal.  You could get 4 of the G7 for less than a GH4.

I am now debating getting the Olympus 7-14/2.8 for my wide angle or adapting the Tokina 11-16/2.8 with the metabones.

The G7 body seems eligible for cash back at WEX now, £267 after £200 cash back!!

http://www.wexphotographic.com/buy-panasonic-lumix-dmc-g7-digital-camera-body/p1573036

How bad must sales be for them to be offering this kind of discount across their entire range??

£249 at Amazon after cash back... I bought one yesterday...

I agree, huge fire sale and they are already discounting the gx8.

Daaaaamn!! Makes me feel bad about my recent G6 purchase for only a bit less :-/ Oh well.... life goes on! I can't get such a crazy good deal in NZ any way.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/bestsellers/electronics/430660031/ref=sr_bs_1

G7 is now the most popular seller in the category!!

I still haven't pulled the trigger on this. It sat in my Amazon basket for days.

I wanted the portability of a RX100 IV but this is still crazy value and can get a couple of primes for the same as a RX100 IV but then the faff and form factor!

Was hoping to use when with the family and then B-Cam it to my D750 but the colours will probably not even match.