Big and optically good?

redimp

So I was playing with Russian cheap LOMO NAP lens, bought a set of three for $8 locally. They were pretty beat up, but nice to do some sort of a project. I've took them apart, and managed to get some interesting results. I would like to try to make another DIY project now that I have access to machining aluminum, but this time I want to go for a big and sharp lens.

So the question is – what anamorphic lens has a big front and rear lens diameter, is good optically (those NAP lens are kinda cloudy and flares are poor white ones) and is way to huge for normal use and therefore cheap?

I saw good reviews of Baush&Lomb lens. Anything else? 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

So I was playing with Russian cheap LOMO NAP lens, bought a set of three for $8 locally.

A set of three for $8? That is cheap even for beat up ones.

It's hard to find those lenses. 

B&L's are relatively easy to find in decent shape for under a hundred bucks (this is where I got one of mine).

I haven't had any experience with Rectimasop but they are big, and seem to have decent flare. Although they tend to be more expensive.

I'm curious if that's 2:39:1. A 1.33x lens. I looked at 1.5x lenses but to me 2.66:1 is WAY too narrow. 2x is too much narrow and is not pleasing to the audience, they practically would have to squint to see what is going on, go for shots like the eyes and a couple of other shots, but not for everything.

I am looking for exactly 2x lens for this project.

A set of three for $8? That is cheap even for beat up ones.

B&L's are relatively easy to find in decent shape for under a hundred bucks (this is where I got one of mine).

I haven't had any experience with Rectimasop but they are big, and seem to have decent flare. Although they tend to be more expensive.

I think of access to cheap soviet lens as of granted, as if the universe is making up for every other aspect of crappy life in post USSR republics. Soviet glass here in Ukraine is cheeeeeeeeeeap.

Rectimascope does have decent flares indeed. I am also looking at Meopta Anagon at the moment, seems decent.