Show us your latest gear

Mattias Burling

• Super Members

On lots of forums its popular with a "Picture of your latest purchase" thread. And since this is a forum filled with gear junkies and G.A.S, I thought it could be fun to have one for photo/video related stuff.

IMO its enjoyable and gives a glimpse into others lives.

The point is to show a picture with or without comments on why, price etc. Not a product picture, it should be taken by you of the actual unit.

Its not a thread for debate or questioning why people bought what they did.

I can start and we will see if it sticks.

IMG_20151114_110445.md.jpg

$25 and fully automatic. Even AF.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

We've been doing this on another forum. It's fun too see what others are getting. :)

My own latest gear would include... the Olympus 75mm f/1.8.

LoQfeEY.jpg

VBwA4gL.jpg

Then there's the Z Camera E1 by ImagineVision Tech as well as the Zhongyi/ZY Optics 25mm f/0.95

And of course, I'm not all about new gear, I do love me some vintage gems as well... so these are the ones that came in last month:

UKhGcdE.jpg

Xt0L2nq.jpg

Now I kinda have become obsessed with 'red lettered lenses'. Of course we know the Zeiss lenses with red 'T', but there's also red 'V' (Meyer Optik Görlitz) and red 'P' (Russian 'P') lenses.:grin:

Also got in this Tokina, but it was sold as 'new - without issues' but came in looking like this (am working this out with the seller):

BgNv0Tr.jpg:(

Fungus in the lens is going to be the new anamorphic soon. Keep hold of it.

Yeah. Hum. I think not. :p

'bout the Z cam. There's no exposure scale indication or anything and the TFT screen is too poor to eyeball it, so I'm hoping for next week's firmware update. Other than that, for the price it's acceptable, though quite a bit of moiré/aliasing and bad compression. It has a long way to go, I hope firmware will solve most issues though.

I'm surprised that Z cam is out already. That was on kickstarter like 4 months ago?

Yup. But to be fair. Mitch from Planet5D came across it already during NAB, I believe they had a booth and showed footage and everything; he was impressed. It wasn't so much a mere concept by the time the Kickstarter went online. They had already figured out what they were going to do hardware-wise, and haven't made any changes (I was terrified for the display quality... rightfully so). When they had the money they put focus on tooling and production of the cameras, the soft-/firmware side of things pushed forward till it was in the user's hands. Interesting approach. It's new and buggy, so I'll have some playtime with it and hopefully firmware can over time make it a somewhat reliable camera.

Nice pics! :)

I will add a couple more recent pick ups to give the thread a bigger start.

IMG_20151018_172034.md.jpg

That look! 'You better put me in the end credits!'  :)

• Super Members

So I read the article on NFS today about a 35mm adapter on the XC10. Thought it could be a fun experiment and went to see one that was listed for $100 with some lenses included.

Knowing my fellow swedes I knew there was a good chanse there was going to be gems in the case. And I was right.

Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon 35mm f2.4

Carl Zeiss Jena 135mm f3.5

Voigtlander Color-Ultron 50mm f1.8

Super-Takumar 55mm f1.8

Jupiter 85mm f2

Chinon 28mm f2.8

Lowest total cost on ebay (recently SOLD not asking prices): $640 :)

So I will be selling them, make a profit and keep the adapter and use it for fun with my Nikon lenses on various cameras.

IMG_20151115_192851.md.jpg

• Super Members

Well it will be for sale soon :)

Had a quick play with it. Please excuse the vignette (I have never used one before) and the darkness. Also I didn't even clean it and the lenses was covered in dust. 
This was just a quick proof of concept. Both are ungraded at iso 4000.
For a 1" @ f5.6 it looks pretty shallow imo.

blomma_1.2.1.md.jpg
krut_1.1.1.md.jpg