Cheapest Full Frame - Photos

ricardo_sousa11

I was refering to the D600 Video, the D800 video is quite pleasant to work with.

If I could get a D800 for cheap, Id totally get it.

Getting an that combo, isnt suitable, I do want some sort of AF, and aperture control.

From what I know the D600 has the same video quality as the D800. And that video quality is about on par to the 5Dmk2; although dont quote me on that :p

Here's a post I wrote some time ago about using the D600 together with the technically much better GX7 for video http://sebcastilho.com/2015/05/24/shooting-a-video-with-two-very-different-cams-the-panasonic-gx7-and-nikon-d600/

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

From what I know the D600 has the same video quality as the D800. And that video quality is about on par to the 5Dmk2; although dont quote me on that :p

Here's a post I wrote some time ago about using the D600 together with the technically much better GX7 for video http://sebcastilho.com/2015/05/24/shooting-a-video-with-two-very-different-cams-the-panasonic-gx7-and-nikon-d600/

I thought it was far behind, but never really investigated much.

Im still looking to find what I can find cheaper, I dont really have a preference between Canon or Nikon.

Hey,

Lately I've been wanting to get a Full-Frame camera, mainly for stills, but would appreciate if it could work decently for Video as well. I usually work with the NX1 for video, and for pictures I borrow a Nikon D800, which is great ! However, I want to have my own Full Frame sensor, so I dont have to bug him everytime I want to take some pictures. At first I was looking at the Sony a7, which goes around 800€ on Ebay, or the 5D Mark 2 which also goes around 800€ on ebay....now Im confused, what are your recomendations ?

Stick with the Nikon system and get a Nikon D700, or the D600. Either are available for very cheap for a full frame camera. 

Or splurge out and get the best of the best (GREAT video too, the best from a DSLR), and buy a D750!

Stick with the Nikon system and get a Nikon D700, or the D600. Either are available for very cheap for a full frame camera. 
Or splurge out and get the best of the best (GREAT video too, the best from a DSLR), and buy a D750!

Id love to get the D750, but its way over my budget. My current budget is around 500-600€ for a used Full Frame body, I know its not much, but its already a stretch for me.

can get a Nikon, but isnt it terrible for video ?

Nope. The D5500, D750, and D810 are actually excellent for video.

Id love to get the D750, but its way over my budget. My current budget is around 500-600€ for a used Full Frame body, I know its not much, but its already a stretch for me.

That doesn't give you a lot of options...I'd say a 6D, used D800 with a mosaic filter, or a used A7R sound like your best choices.

Nope. The D5500, D750, and D810 are actually excellent for video.

That doesn't give you a lot of options...I'd say a 6D, used D800 with a mosaic filter, or a used A7R sound like your best choices.

The 6D, D800 or A7r are all above my budget, the only 2 that I found remotely within (around 700-800€) are the 5DM2 or A7.

My current cameras are the NX1 and the Canon T3i which I will sell soon.

Forgot about the first post, don't get a fullframe camera, NX1 is fine. What do you miss on the NX1??

Its not something I miss, but for photos I do enjoy the full frame aesthetic, and I need a 2nd camera for some of my works. I've been working with just hte Nx1, which is great, but when I need multiple shots, I need to ask my friend to either shoot it for me, or borrow, and thats a hassle. Since I need a 2nd body, why not one with the full frame aesthetic that I can use for pictures and video.

The 6D, D800 or A7r are all above my budget, the only 2 that I found remotely within (around 700-800€) are the 5DM2 or A7.

My current cameras are the NX1 and the Canon T3i which I will sell soon.

You can easily get a used A7R for that. Not an amazing video camera, but you'll have full frame and the stills quality is nice. 

I havent found one for that price, where do you guys look for 2nd hand gear ? Just ebay ?!

Searching the appropriate camera forums helps too, as do periodic strolls through Craigslist. People tend to list Ebay prices a little high to make more money and account for what they lose in Ebay fees. 

The lowest price I saw on Ebay for a good used D700 is $700. Strolled on over to Craigslist and saw one right there on the first page for $500 OBO, and I could probably get that down to $400 easy.

These deals are around; they just take diligence and patience. 

Searching the appropriate camera forums helps too, as do periodic strolls through Craigslist. People tend to list Ebay prices a little high to make more money and account for what they lose in Ebay fees. 
The lowest price I saw on Ebay for a good used D700 is $700. Strolled on over to Craigslist and saw one right there on the first page for $500 OBO, and I could probably get that down to $400 easy.

These deals are around; they just take diligence and patience. 

Craigslist is only for US, isnt it ?

Craigslist is only for US, isnt it ?

I honestly don't know. If so, you must have something similar over there for local people. 

Just remembered, people have started using  buy, sell, and trade groups on Facebook to get rid of their old stuff. I've sold three cameras that way so far and I'm working on a fourth. Very little fuss and easy to use.

I honestly don't know. If so, you must have something similar over there for local people. 

Just remembered, people have started using  buy, sell, and trade groups on Facebook to get rid of their old stuff. I've sold three cameras that way so far and I'm working on a fourth. Very little fuss and easy to use.

Thats what im searching for now, but Portuguese people have a tendency to try and sell used stuff for almost the price of new -.- but Ill get lucky eventually...

You can get a classic 5d for like $300 easily, less with some searching almost definitely. Not sure how well it holds up. No video, but then have left over money for a cheap full frame video option by way of speedboosting.. a little goofy, but

You can get a classic 5d for like $300 easily, less with some searching almost definitely. Not sure how well it holds up. No video, but then have left over money for a cheap full frame video option by way of speedboosting.. a little goofy, but

Nah, Id rather spend the extra money to get the mark 2 and have it all in one package conveniantly, I try to pack as light as I possibly can, having 3 cameras would be a huge hassle.