Potentially interesting for samsung users: time limit removed...

Marco Tecno

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

hehe, taking away the time limit for the nx1 should be as easy as he did with nx300. Implementing the cropped 4k video from nx500 (as a selectable alternative to full sensor readout) should/could also be done, when comparing the two fw and looking at the differences. Perhaps even higher bitrates could be implemented.

Adding features that are not present at all (e.g. focus bracketing...) is highly unlikely imo.

That was long ago and never moved farther. Perhaps no interest from the author or not enough knowledge of the hardware of these cameras.

Don't belittle Lukas' crucial foundation work.  He did most of the heavy lifting for those that followed, and he did it only May of last year.  Obviously, the NX hacks moved farther because of his work.

The Lukas rooting of NX cameras led to this work (and this work), which led to the simple work of your boy on DP Review disabling the video time/file-size limit.  Your boy acknowledges the immediate upstream source, and that source acknowledges Lukas.  From the comments on Lukas' page, there are evidently others who are also hacking the NX cameras, thanks to him.

He really does look like a Steve Jobs :)

This could be the begging of the NX1 becoming a cult cam.

Some things I'd love to see if can be done ...

• Ability to use AFS during recording
  • Ability to focus in standby mode
  • Peaking stay on for ever

Nifty! I own the NX300 specifically, which is the camera the hack was actually just done on. Hearing the limit is removed is the best news I've got today :-D
Reckon I will stick with my GH1 bodies and other m4/3 cameras for my multi camera filming for this wedding season (the good quality GH1 bodies with no record limit, and at a very low price, makes them a perfect set up!), but it now looks very highly likely next season will be done with NX300 / NX500 / NX1 bodies. (their easy ability to be kept charged with a simple USB powerbank is another bonus for using them with long running set ups)

And here is another interesting thing for NX users. This guy ( http://***URL removed***/forums/thread/3818034 ) figured our how communicate NX body with NX lens... His final goal is make some kind of intelligent conversion between NX body and Canon EF lenses... Who knows if it will be possible :-)

(My good old Canon 24-105 with working IS and aperture control on 200mbit H265 NX1... hehe, now I am dreaming)

I have always stated that NX cameras should be hacked, given the fact they are based on Linux and have partially open source fw. Of course the skills required are high.

NX1 has great potential. Just think if they could unlock 6.5k video at high bitrate, perhaps in 4:2:2 or even raw.

Remember that with the lexar 2000x sd card the nx1 can save 5-6 raw+jpg/sec, that's about (or even more than) 200MB/sec (1.6Gbit/sec). So the internal i/o is there to be filled by video!