Blackmagic Micro Cinema Camera

Jimmy

On 31 marzo 2016 at 3:49 AM, Cinegain said:

I love it, but in Italy it cost a lot more then 299 they say on the website! I have to find something similar but a lot cheaper :)
http://www.amazon.it/Rolleiflex-Robusta-Videocamera-Digitale-Selezionata/dp/B00TQWWGLO

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Just now, JazzBox said:

I love it, but in Italy it cost a lot more then 299 they say on the website! I have to find something similar but a lot cheaper :)
http://www.amazon.it/Rolleiflex-Robusta-Videocamera-Digitale-Selezionata/dp/B00TQWWGLO

That looks like a nice cage, I particularly like that the camera can stay on it's photgraphy QR plate inside, you can potentially pull it out and go into photography mode really easily. They deliver to italy from the website for only 10 euros, so you should be able to order it directly and get the quoted price?

1 hour ago, JazzBox said:

Ammazza con Amazon! Buy direct, if it comes from UK you don't need to pay taxes!

On April 12, 2016 at 0:51 AM, cojocaru27 said:

Guys, still don't get it why there is so less footage of the BMMCC out ? Except for 3 or 4 nicely done test footage, there is nothing. If you look at the mini ursa 4.6k you'll find plenty, some are shorts already.

I've had nothing but paid gigs with it so far, and with those have been absolutely slammed. When I have footage I can legally share I will. This cam has a nice image. The few you've seen sum it up for the most part, but it clearly isn't perfect and the reasons why have been written (horrible buttons, some FPN in shadows,etc) Still, it is very much like the pocket with 60p and better battery so it is what everyone thought it would be. Despite any shortcomings, I'm glad I own one. 60p with prores and RAW with a nice image we all expect and improved battery life. It isn't bad all things considered.

Really considering to get the BMMCC. I like the way the Cheesycam rig looks, even though I'd stick with the LP-E6 (my monitor uses them too).

I hoped for a BMPCC V2 for NAB but apparently for now there will be nothing in the BMCC or smaller area from BMD. The Kinefinity Terra obviously would fit the size but is total overkill for my needs.

Hi everybody, really like this micro camera. 

I would like to use it on the go like a little raw cam...

Would it be possible to use an electronic EVF on this cam to be able to shoot.

Like using a zacuto one for example.

The problem is that the new zacuto has no battery in it and it is really expensive.

is there any good alternative to be able to do that?

thanks.

2 hours ago, bristo said:

The problem is that the new zacuto has no battery in it and it is really expensive.

thanks.

Cineroid comes to mind. They're a little bulky for VFs but they can double as tiny monitors. Plus I think there's a high resolution one at a reasonable price.

11 hours ago, bristo said:

thanks.

at the nab ikan announced new 3.5 monitor/evf with 4k support

guys, when you get a chance, can you please drop some raw footage in the "camera files" topic pls. Would really help me decide on this camera.

Also for the people that have it on the side with pocket cinema, there is any difference in noise? Theoretically on micro should be less noise due to improved sensor readout but i hear more and more people complaining about being acually worse. thank you.

22 minutes ago, cojocaru27 said:

guys, when you get a chance, can you please drop some raw footage in the "camera files" topic pls. Would really help me decide on this camera.

Also for the people that have it on the side with pocket cinema, there is any difference in noise? Theoretically on micro should be less noise due to improved sensor readout but i hear more and more people complaining about being acually worse. thank you.

People calm slightly less shadow color noise on Micro but also seems its an odd unexpected fixed pattern noise problems in this camera. i personally wait with until BM fix it with new firmware or if its hardware related problem until it will be fixed in new batch. Hope Zak Forsman report to us about his repaired or replaced Micro Camera when he arrives it back from BM.

unfortunately it seems like micro is living in the big sis, mini ursa 4.6k shadows and no one from BM gives a damn about it for the moment. They should release a firmware solving the pattern issue and the controls via screen. Two major things. Am looking forward for Zak's updates. thx

5 minutes ago, cojocaru27 said:

unfortunately it seems like micro is living in the big sis, mini ursa 4.6k shadows and no one from BM gives a damn about it for the moment. They should release a firmware solving the pattern issue and the controls via screen. Two major things. Am looking forward for Zak's updates. thx

What's wrong with the controls?

the buttons are placed in the front of the camera and being small it's hard to nail the right ones when you go through the menu. And as far as i know, don't have one yet, you can't control the settings from the touchscreen of your external monitor which would be great. Preatty sure it can be solved with a firmware update.