Blackmagic Micro Cinema Camera

Jimmy

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

No, sorry, no mention of global shutter in that scenario. It was just a question of whether the current crop of approved SD cards could handle the increased 60p RAW datarate.

My guess is global shutter is not activated on the BMMCC that Noam Kroll received. Nor has it been activated on any of the URSA Minis out in the wild.

It's likely the testers have been asked not to confirm its absence. When asked about it they all couch their answers with responses like "this footage was shot in rolling shutter mode". Since this is the one feature conspicuously absent from any and all test footage, it's safe to assume, its implementation is the cause for the late arrival of these cameras.

No, sorry, no mention of global shutter in that scenario. It was just a question of whether the current crop of approved SD cards could handle the increased 60p RAW datarate.

My guess is global shutter is not activated on the BMMCC that Noam Kroll received. Nor has it been activated on any of the URSA Minis out in the wild.

This is the one feature conspicuously absent from any and all test footage, so it's safe to assume, its implementation is the cause for the late arrival of these cameras.

No, my bad... Major brain fart. I think I want 60p GS, so I read what I wanted from your comment.

What are the chances SmallHD or one of the other 3rd Party equipment manufacturers will make a cage that integrates an external monitor with the BMMCC for a more unified rig, set up?

Buy whatever cage, put SmallHD 502 / BMD VideoAssist / ... on top, done. What exactly would you expect to be specific about the cage for the BMMCC?

I am hoping somebody will make a cage that will have a back swivel attachment. The camera is so small, I'd like to keep the footprint as small as possible... Otherwise what's the point?

I just looked at the cages which are already available/announced and at least with the SmallHD monitors you'd have the issue that the HDMI port is on the back so you'd need a cable with a 90° plug or it would bump straight into the battery. 

A possibility (when using a 90! plug) I see and would consider is, that you could put the screen on top and use it like the waist level finder of a MF camera but also then flip it up so it sits on top back of the camera and pointing straight up. I'm at work so I'm slightly limited in creative tooling but I've made this "scientifically absolutely accurate drawing" in Excel to express what I mean. The SmallHD 500 monitors have threads on the bottom, back and top so you have some flexibility. You could also put something on top of the camera cage like a little plate that stands out to the back and then mount the monitor top down, it can automatically flip the image.

BMMCC-monitor-mount.jpg

I have the Wooden Camera cage for my forthcoming BMMCC and wanted an elegant monitor solution. Here's what i did...

You can buy SmallHD's Pan/Tilt mount for $60 which I love because, unlike a Noga arm, it doesn't require two hands to adjust the position. pick up a cold shoe adapter from SmallRig for $10 so you can mount it to the cage and voila!

Pan/Tilt Mount - http://store.smallhd.com/store/500-accessories/500-700-pan-tilt-mount

Cold Shoe Adapter - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HJFBUCQ

I usually keep it on a rail block (seen behind the camera in the pic above) but it's easily moved anywhere I have one of those cold shoe adapters mounted. So I can easily strip things down to just the camera, cage, top handle and monitor.

Love it!, only problem...  the dumb asses made it with the hand grip on the wrong side!  I'd have bought that straight away if it was reversed correctly:(

I just looked at the cages which are already available/announced and at least with the SmallHD monitors you'd have the issue that the HDMI port is on the back so you'd need a cable with a 90° plug or it would bump straight into the battery. 

A possibility (when using a 90! plug) I see and would consider is, that you could put the screen on top and use it like the waist level finder of a MF camera but also then flip it up so it sits on top back of the camera and pointing straight up. I'm at work so I'm slightly limited in creative tooling but I've made this "scientifically absolutely accurate drawing" in Excel to express what I mean. The SmallHD 500 monitors have threads on the bottom, back and top so you have some flexibility. You could also put something on top of the camera cage like a little plate that stands out to the back and then mount the monitor top down, it can automatically flip the image.

BMMCC-monitor-mount.jpg

I am thinking something along these lines but I would rather it swivel down. Am also thinking an EVF may be a good solution as well. I saw a 3" EVF on eBay that sells for around 200 bucks. I'm still weighing my options and wondering if they will lower the cost of the pocket once the micro is released. If they do, I may just get one of those instead.