Blackmagic Micro Cinema Camera

Jimmy

Is it a good idea to pair a Zuiko 12mm 2.0 and an ATOMOS shogun for 4k recording of the micro studio camera in the field?

The Micro Studio Camera is not good to pair with anything "in the field". It's for a studio, period. It's not a camera to try rigging and hacking for other uses - you'll be disappointed if you do. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Okay girl picks up sd card, girl gets on computer, and finds guy has taken video of her. Where does it escalate?

Short films do not require the 3 act structure of a feature film. This specific short utilizes a simpler 2 act structure of setup and payoff. Read about the structure of a joke... Very useful for short films. 

Anyone notice there's no micro jitters in those handheld shots? Global shutter; I want, I want!

Unexpected environment? I intend to shoot a feature with it; because why wouldn't I?

I've got a Tokina 11-16 but I hate the ugly bokeh. I getting a Samyang 16mm; real creamy bokeh, sharp, and fast. The Sigma 18-35 f/1.8 with a Nikon mount speedbooster is on my BMMCC shopping list too. Has anyone had any problems using the Samyang 16mm on a BMPCC with a mosaic filter and speed booster?

Anyone notice there's no micro jitters in those handheld shots? Global shutter; I want, I want!

Unexpected environment? I intend to shoot a feature with it; because why wouldn't I?

I've got a Tokina 11-16 but I hate the ugly bokeh. I getting a Samyang 16mm; real creamy bokeh, sharp, and fast. The Sigma 18-35 f/1.8 with a Nikon mount speedbooster is on my BMMCC shopping list too. Has anyone had any problems using the Samyang 16mm on a BMPCC with a mosaic filter and speed booster?

From a comment response by Noam Kroll on vimeo: "Not sure how global shutter would affect dynamic range as I only shot with rolling shutter" That surprised me for sure.

Only reason I would get one over the pocket is slowmo and GS. So hopefully there will be a video showing it soon.

Exactly… This looks like the same film convert pocket footage I have been seeing for the past two years...

The retailer I talked to said they heard they are getting the 4.6k URSA sensors soon, but no word on these cameras or the 4.6k Ursa Mini… Doesn't sound like it is happening in january. 

Funny, in the comments he said he didn't need an IR filter… Maybe she changed into a black shirt later on in the day.

No_IR.jpg

IR.jpg

It looks good, like a bmpcc.

Only reason I would get one over the pocket is slowmo and GS. So hopefully there will be a video showing it soon.

Slow mo, GS, full size HDMI, and NO screen. The 2 things I really didn't like about the BMPCC were the micro HDMI output and the shitty screen just there draining battery.

• Super Members

Slow mo, GS, full size HDMI, and NO screen. The 2 things I really didn't like about the BMPCC were the micro HDMI output and the shitty screen just there draining battery.

I have no problem with the bmpcc screen. Have used it in just about every possible condition, its not great, but good enough imo.

it's pretty irritating they gave it to a guy who goes right ahead and shoots the test in rolling shutter mode showing us exactly what we expected based on our experiences with the bmpcc.  isn;t it a given to use the global mode for a test of a camera who's key selling point over the previous model is the global shutter mode...

I'd have rather seen unscripted footage with lots of movement and a bright sky and lots of shadow so I can decipher whats going on with the global shutter enabled.  Come on BM give the camera to Andrew Reid next time and stop messing around.  

You are working on the assumption that it is just a BMPCC with GS and 60p... There is every chance that they are using a new chipset that has increased rolling shutter and helped with other artefacts. The above video is a valid test and looks great too.

60p raw is welcome news. Going handheld with a Pocket or a DSLR with comparable rolling shutter is something I would never even contemplate. My impression looking at the footage is that the BMMCC has a faster sensor read time than the Pocket, but I can't be certain until somebody does a rolling shutter test.

As it stands, i think not... But hopefully someone will make an HDMI wifi stream gizmo.

I was wondering the same thing. According to B&H's overview, it will accept a wireless hdmi transmitter that can transmit to an iPhone but they seem pricey.

It would be cool and cost effective if there was a way to adapt one of gopro's LCD backpack screens to it. 

Kinda this:

I hope they bring a true successor to the BMPCC... Usually I'd be fan of something modular. But not if it makes things clunky. This doesn't feel much run-n-gun.

I guess I could sell off two of my BMPCCs and start using it with the VA like so:

EJBmHYI.png

... but it kinda looks like something you wouldn't actually want to be doing.