Hercules - The World's Smallest Camera Motion Control System

blafarm

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah I think my setup could be as light as 2.5lbs. That works right? And what's the fastest setting look like?

Yeah that will work. It doesn't go very fast. The video I posted above is the medium speed. I think the slower speed is perfect for electronic though b/c it's so hard to get smooth results at slow speeds on a big manual slider. Another really cool use for this is pushing in on a shot. With a slider you see the slide at the bottom of the frame unless you're using a long focal length.

Yeah that will work. It doesn't go very fast. The video I posted above is the medium speed. I think the slower speed is perfect for electronic though b/c it's so hard to get smooth results at slow speeds on a big manual slider. Another really cool use for this is pushing in on a shot. With a slider you see the slide at the bottom of the frame unless you're using a long focal length.

The only manual slider I know that doesn't do that is the Edelkrone Slider Plus. Those guys are probably my favourite accessory maker. 

Couple of questions if you don't mind:

Were you able to get the slowest speed to work?  Assuming the answer is yes.  Was there a problem with your unit?

Are you saying that the Kickstarter campaign assertion that the device works with cameras "up to 20 pounds" is false -- and that it only supports lower amounts of weight?

Lastly, I'm assuming your comment regarding avoiding seeing the slider is based on a scenario where you are shooting on a flat surface -- which entirely avoids the use of the Hercules track.  Is that correct?

Thanks for your feedback. 

Couple of questions if you don't mind:

Were you able to get the slowest speed to work?  Assuming the answer is yes.  Was there a problem with your unit?

Are you saying that the Kickstarter campaign assertion that the device works with cameras "up to 20 pounds" is false -- and that it only supports lower amounts of weight?

Lastly, I'm assuming your comment regarding avoiding seeing the slider is based on a scenario where you are shooting on a flat surface -- which entirely avoids the use of the Hercules track.  Is that correct?

Thanks for your feedback. 

Yes I got the slowest speed to work. You may be right about the 20 lbs limit although that seems excessive. I've only tried it with GH4 and some various lenses. I would think 20lbs would stress the motors, but maybe not.

I'm talking about the Hercules being on a surface (floor, table, etc) where it's okay to be seen in the shot. For example a wide angle lens push in on an object sitting on a table.

Yes I got the slowest speed to work. You may be right about the 20 lbs limit although that seems excessive. I've only tried it with GH4 and some various lenses. I would think 20lbs would stress the motors, but maybe not.

I'm talking about the Hercules being on a surface (floor, table, etc) where it's okay to be seen in the shot. For example a wide angle lens push in on an object sitting on a table.

Thanks ... that's what I assumed.

Appreciate your feedback.

• 2 months later...
19 hours ago, Vurhd said:

Anyone else received their order? Doesn't seem to have been any recent updates on their kickstarter website.

Did get a mail with them asking to spread the word via social media a few days ago and that said stuff is supposed to ship at the end of the month. Sure hope so, heading for Ireland next month and that's why I pledged originally.

8 minutes ago, Vurhd said:

If you get any more updates do you mind posting them up..

Sure, will do.

Here's the mail I got 5 days ago:

Hello!

Manufacturing and shipping the last batch of Hercules to our supportive KickstaterBackers will be completed at the end of March. We are preparing to launch our new website and need some help. Can you please help with spicing up our social media outlets by subscribing.
Facebook Instagram Twitter Pinterest Youtube

We would love it if you shared your content if you have received a Hercules. Please send us links to your videos, photos or videos at Socialmeida@Rollocam.com

Thank you for your patience and support.

Cheers,

Rollocam

On 11/6/2015 at 6:29 AM, Cinegain said:

Certainly looks alright. But take a cheapo table dolly (let's say 15 bucks)..

... and then imagine something DIY to make it motorized... 199 then sounds quite the up in price.

I have the pico dolly and a push cart dolly (kinda shaky unless you have very fresh alkaline batteries), and the articulating arm, I think I paid about $125 total.  I would still buy the hercules for the portability if it did everything it set out to do.