kodak film cheap a student's guide

odie

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

You don't have to take my word for it.  Just consider this -- how many times have you heard of "sunstorms" ruining DVDs or disconnected hard drives?

I can't recall ever hearing of such a problem.

Dvd's probably won't have a problem, but magnetic or electronic devices have a problem with strong magnetic fields, such as in a case of an über-sunstorm.

Dvd's probably won't have a problem, but magnetic or electronic devices have a problem with strong magnetic fields, such as in a case of an über-sunstorm.

Okay.  I think we agree that archival optical disks, such as the 1000-year Millenniata disk, will outlast film by centuries and will also survive an "über-sunstorm."  Thus, film is already soundly trumped by digital in archival scenarios.

However, I would still be interested in hearing about any incident in which a magnetic field from an über-sunstorm has ruined a disconnected hard drive.

Stock and cameras can sure be acquired these days at absolute bargain prices...but processing and Telecine?  

Would be very interested to know if you have found a source of affordable process and transfer rates for students (or general indie projects). Those costs seem to be the unavoidable sting that prevent many from shooting film over digital these days (sadly). Would be interested in knowing if any financially viable solutions anymore for students...or any indie filmmaker. It used to be possible to get bestlight transfers for a reasonable rate, but now with the decline of labs and facilities I'd shudder to think how much a wetgate to 10bit transfer of 5000 ft would cost these days, compared with shooting digital media.    

Hey Hans!

im in L.A....but there is a lab in the U.K. that right now is offering deals...!!    it's like a film processing package..also there is a lab in Romania...and they are great!

when you buy film you are also saving on archival cost and post..and it's fun!