Speed Booster for Canon Mk III?

hidalgoserra

Hello people,

i am trying to find out some info on that matter, but apparently is harder then i though.

First of all is a speed booster like the metabones or Rj turbo usable on a canon mark III? and if yes which version should i take considering seems there are several out there with different mounts.

Thanks

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

My question is, there is anything similar to a speedbooster for full frame cameras? something to enchance the field of view of a lens and his aperture?

You can use a wide angle adapter that fits on the front of the lens, but you won't get a gain in brightness.  The cheaper wide angle adapters sometimes exhibit a slight loss in sharpness, but a few brands such as Century Precision Optics (now Century Schneider) have very sharp adapters.

The only possible benefit from permanently removing mirror and box from Full frame canon dslr to accommodate speedbooster optics would be when shooting crop mode with Magic Lantern Raw. Then the heavy crop mode would be optically reduced to around s35 (or slightly under) but will allow higher resolutions to be recorded (for short periods). The optics would have to be professionally installed and would effectively restrict the camera to ML crop mode only.

The only possible benefit from permanently removing mirror and box from Full frame canon dslr to accommodate speedbooster optics would be when shooting crop mode with Magic Lantern Raw. Then the heavy crop mode would be optically reduced to around s35 (or slightly under) but will allow higher resolutions to be recorded (for short periods). The optics would have to be professionally installed and would effectively restrict the camera to ML crop mode only.

This argument assumes that one is using a full-frame lens along with a typically sized focal reduction element.  As David Bowgett mentioned above, one could start with a medium format lens and also use a larger focal reduction element (perhaps something like this).

Not sure if such a large focal reduction element would have to be positioned inside the camera, but both pros and "amateurs" have modified Canon HDSLRs to internally accommodate larger optical systems.