How to convert rx10ii 4k Xasc-s to Full Hd proress?

Ak Ns

Its been two months i brought Sony Rx10ii and never had a job needed shooting on 4k, Only full HD. 

Now i had a job. Can anyone plz give me a solution to convert 4k xavc-s files to pores hd bit easily than FCP X Pro. i was unable to do..

Thanks a lot.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Its been two months i brought Sony Rx10ii and never had a job needed shooting on 4k, Only full HD. 

Now i had a job. Can anyone plz give me a solution to convert 4k xavc-s files to pores hd bit easily than FCP X Pro. i was unable to do..

Thanks a lot.

EditReady. I think ClipWrap may do it as well. It's cheaper than EditReady, but a lot more basic. 

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

MPEG Streamclip. Free.

Or, edit in FCP (or any other NLE) in 4K, and just render the final video in ProRes HQ HD. 

Downscaling is easy nowadays. Any NLE can do it. But if you want to convert a bunch of files before editing, using a batch transcoding before editing is the better option. I've been always using MPEG Streamclip to convert any masters to ProRes and DNxHD, XAVC might not be taken by Mpeg though so try that free software first. 

If it doesn't, I'd put all the clips you'rr going to use on you time line, leave dead space between them, colour correct then to match quickly, then render the entire timeline to ProRes or DNxHD. Then take that one long clip cut and edit as you like in as an HD ProRes/ProRes File. 

Hope this helps and makes sense. 

Edit, just tried my A7s XAVC-S and Mpeg Streamclip still doesn't take that format. Shame as it's the best transcoding software I've ever used. 

Wait I'll look for a solution for your FCP X problem (if  it doesn't take XAVC, but if it does use it, don't look somewhere else!

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

Another Edit:

Can't find any free standalone sofware that trnacodes XAVC to Free. NLEs like the FCP X 10.8< is what what people are doing, plus Davinci Resolve (Free, a full fledged NLE and colour grading system heavy on a your system just for transcoding. Premirere CC and Sony Vegas NLEs also do it. 

All standalone converters are not free. There s a frew one called FFMPEG that does it, but it's very complicated (no UI, you write command lines a d so on.

Trust me, get EditReady and don't look back. It is much more than just a transcoding tool. You can put LUTS on the footage pre transcoding, you can change frame rate and ratio, and there are a slew of metadata tools. It handles nearly every codec, except raw dngs, I have ever needed to convert and they constantly update it. And it is super fast. 

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

-If you have a computer than can run Da Vinci Resolve (Lite is free), I'd use that. It does what you want plus you get the most used colouring softwars in hollywood for free. 

-If it can't, see if your FCPX can take XAVC-C files and just render to ProRes

-If neither, buy a standalone converting software like the ones mentioned above 

Thank you Saadawi and Mercer.

Yes FCPX taking XAVC-S files. But yes if i want to do batch transcoding there is no option than few paid apps like Editready. 

Davinci won't run on macbook[laptops]. so for now i will use FCPX. Hope mpeg stream clip updates soon.

• 4 months later...