Quantum Film Camera, 1st Short

Jimmy

v impressed but this. super analogue-y. excellent motion cadencemo

Intentionally back focused for 60's level of sharpness

disturbing how much i like this 

Also, if the blackness of the material is significantly proportionate to its light (and presumably heat -- cooling must be a pain) collecting abilities, I'd be interested to see what they'd make of the blackest man-made material, carbon-nanotube that absorbs 99 percent of light.

so goth

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Looks verymuch like 8mm film, weird colors, and no bokeh at all, but that can be due to the lens.

It is a sensor for a mobile phone, no doubt very small.

Actually the sensor seems to have attached the lens elements of the Sony RX100 series in the front. So the strange softness may be an induced post effect. Interestingly the 'Making of Video' is a little sharper, but still not really as sharp as some other smartphones. Maybe this particular sensor did not do 1080p. Maybe it did 720 or 640 and yet was this sharp. I dunno. 

http://cinescopophilia.com/prix-the-first-film-shot-on-quantumfilm-camera/

Some strange colours occasionally, but to be expected at this stage.... Amazing to think that this tech could soon be in mobile phones, let alone film cameras!

The Quantum Film Sensor doubles the light passing through to the sensor, and this new technology, Triples it. It also, apparently, brings down digital noise to unimaginative low levels. I would like to see this soon. Who can wait for 3 years. Tech companies should learn from Zara and hurry up their processes. 

http://www.image-sensors-world.blogspot.in/2015/10/new-cfa-said-to-have-better-color.html 

Soon enough, we will have these sort of sensors combined with lytro style DOF, in our mobile phones.... with about 16K, giving us perfect digital zoom for a 4K finish!

Actually, even that would not be required. Lenses in general, and camera lenses in particular, should get tiny within the next few years. This is only part of the solution:

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-34210347

I hope, that, in the next few years, we are genuinely able to shoot cinema quality video (not the over-advertised nonsense) from a mobile phone, absolutely comparable with film, in every which way.