Quantum Film Camera, 1st Short

Jimmy

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

That looks a John Hughes movie. Interesting.

Certainly has an 80s gloss to it.

What is interesting is the lens doesn't look to be anything top end, looks a bit like a CCTV lens.... Yet the image still has a richness in the contrast. Very filmic.

http://cinescopophilia.com/prix-the-first-film-shot-on-quantumfilm-camera/

Some strange colours occasionally, but to be expected at this stage.... Amazing to think that this tech could soon be in mobile phones, let alone film cameras!

I didn't like the quality of the video initially. Then I opened it on youtube and increased the res. Pretty impressive, though the rolling shutter is quite a bit in some of thebravong scenes (especially the last one).

Also, the ckmcompany sees strangely guarded about the exact specs of the sensor. Hmmm ... 

http://cinescopophilia.com/prix-the-first-film-shot-on-quantumfilm-camera/

Some strange colours occasionally, but to be expected at this stage.... Amazing to think that this tech could soon be in mobile phones, let alone film cameras

Intentionally back focused for 60's level of sharpness.  Interesting.  I hope these colors are just from a filter not the result of a sensor.

Global shutter - and seems like they are teaming up with sony to introduce this tech in a lot of cinema cameras.

This seems like the future.  I have always hated CMOS and finally a CCD successor that seems to have better dynamic range.  Looks like a really clean image .  

Super excited - hope the sensor is better and it's not just the grade and using some kind of highlight diffusion to make it feel so nice! :)

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sony-to-work-with-invisage-on-new-quantum-film-stacked-sensors/

Global shutter - and seems like they are teaming up with sony to introduce this tech in a lot of cinema cameras.

This seems like the future.  I have always hated CMOS and finally a CCD successor that seems to have better dynamic range.  Looks like a really clean image .  

Super excited

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sony-to-work-with-invisage-on-new-quantum-film-stacked-sensors/

TBO I was a little skeptical after the initial posts. But after getting Sony onboard, this means this isn't another exaggerated claim like the many others out there. Also, the creating of this on a mass scale, with improving all present shortcomings  (focus, perhaps?), may be tweaked.

We should hopefully see some of these soon. They have already used this in a working prototype(s) on which they shot this film. So that should have speeden things up. 

Yea they beat Samsung and Fujifilm/Panasonic that seem to have these tech as well.  Let's see if these guys are the next Oculus Rift - out of nowhere and revolutionizing things. Teaming up with Sony is huge so it's not another digital bolex or Red One camera that has years of growing pains.   Thank you Internet.

Still could be 2 years at least till it goes from this to what we have.  Obviously the money lies in the smartphones.  Then small cameras, then film.  So let's see.  But this is exciting news.

Also curious to see what it looks like side by side a real camera, not their "fake" iphone video-ish camera. My samsung galaxy s4 takes better video than that.  And the iphone 6s takes much better video than that with more dynamic range. Or at least in my head it does.

They are going for the smartphone market, not the cinema market. Hence why they compare it with another smartphone camera.

But Sony if its true and teams up with them, may start putting this into bigger camera tech and create a camera has finally a newer sensor tech than the Alexa, which has been king since 2010 - which feels like so long in this short-term Moore's Law game.

Also curious to see what it looks like side by side a real camera, not their "fake" iphone video-ish camera. My samsung galaxy s4 takes better video than that.  And the iphone 6s takes much better video than that with more dynamic range. Or at least in my head it does.

You're right. It does perform like a webcam more than a proper phone camera. 

Also, if the blackness of the material is significantly proportionate to its light (and presumably heat -- cooling must be a pain) collecting abilities, I'd be interested to see what they'd make of the blackest man-made material, carbon-nanotube that absorbs 99 percent of light.