MFT adapter for Helios 44-2

rzxrey

So I just got my H44-2 and being a Nikon user for so long, I have no idea which adapter to get to mount it on my BMPCC. I looked at eBay and did a quick G search and it turns out there are different types. Which one should I get for the H44-2? Which ones are you using? Thanks ?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

The helios is fully manual so just about any adapter will work fine, don't need an expensive one. They make some that are mft to m42 but you can also get a m42 to EF adapter and go EF to MFT. If you do that you can get a speedbooster from metabones and squeeze the most FOV and stop increase ot of it or you can go a cheaper route and get the RJ focal reducer instead. The RJ has m42 to MFT in addition to EF to MFT while the metabones one doesn't have a m42 option. Personally I would probably get the RJ m42 to MFT, it is really good and it seems kind of silly to me to spend 10x as much on the adapter as you probably did for your lens.

The helios is fully manual so just about any adapter will work fine, don't need an expensive one. They make some that are mft to m42 but you can also get a m42 to EF adapter and go EF to MFT. If you do that you can get a speedbooster from metabones and squeeze the most FOV and stop increase ot of it or you can go a cheaper route and get the RJ focal reducer instead. The RJ has m42 to MFT in addition to EF to MFT while the metabones one doesn't have a m42 option. Personally I would probably get the RJ m42 to MFT, it is really good and it seems kind of silly to me to spend 10x as much on the adapter as you probably did for your lens.

Thanks dhessel. I already have a speedbooster for Nikon to MFT (since I have a bunch of Nikon lenses). But I read that a H44-2 will not focus to infinity on a Nikon. So would adapting it to a SB(Nik>Mft) on my BMPCC camera mean that it also wont focus to infinity? I plan to use the H44-2 with my 2x Sankor anyway so its not such a major concern for me at the moment.