Getting a new camera

Alphonzo Alegrado

I'm leaving for New Zealand next week and my dad decided that we should buy a new camera to take nice photos on the trip. I've been settled on the NX1 for months now, but never bought because 

a) it's not yet available in my country (the Philippines) and
b) I've never gotten to try it for myself.

Last week, I tried out the NX500 and was very happy with the OS and I assume it's virtually the same as the NX1 (correct me if I'm wrong). Now, we're stopping over at the Hong Kong airport and plan on buying it there or from our usual tech supplier in HK. Unfortunately, the NX1 is much more expensive in HK and amounts to 1,740 USD as opposed to just 1,400 USD when ordered from Amazon. There's also the risk of the airport not having the NX1. I'm wondering if anyone knows of any other options similar to the NX1's capabilities but is cheaper. I'm used to shooting on a DSLR which is why I like the NX1 so much (on top the features of course), but I'm open to using a camera like the NX500 or other point and shoot type mirrorless cameras, so long as I can really get great quality video out of them. Also, price-wise, preferably something that (with a lens) costs $1,400 USD or less.

Thank you in advance!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I bought the NX1 a little over 2 months now, I think. I too had to send it over from Italy (I live in Portugal and it wasnt released here). I believe the Nx1 is probably the best tool for film making for the pricetag, up until the a7s2 or a7r2, the image coming out of it is indeed incredible, and feature wise, it superior to the NX500 (which has a crop of 2 I believe ?!), using the NX500 as a B camera is great, but as a main camera, I wouldnt suggest. Go for the NX1 or RX100IV.

• Super Members

Imo the lx100 and nx500 are equally suitable or unsuitable as a primary camera since none of them have a mic input.

The lx100 migt have the upperhand since its a bigger sensor(in 4k), has an evf and a sweet lens.

I recently sold my G7 but its a good option for your needs. Its in very close competition with the NX1. I would personally pick the NX1 but the G7 is a good camera.