1D X has traces of 1D C firmware but Magic Lantern 'will never touch 1D series' as Canon threatens potential hackers with legal trouble

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Here's more info:

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=2812.0

Here's info on Clean Room Design.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clean_room_design

The main point is Alex will not try the 1DX and will ban anyone on ML if they attempt. 

Note: page 2 Alex:

a1ex

• Administrator
  • stargmod.gifstargmod.gifstargmod.gifstargmod.gifstargmod.gif
  • 5D Mark Free
xx.gif
1dc and 1dx .. identical hardware .. just a firmware difference
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2012, 09:44:04 AM »

Don't worry, we won't do it.

I'd go as far as excluding from ML community any developer who would try to do something like this.

What Canon are doing here makes no business sense to me. They make a healthy margin on the 1D X as it is at over $6k, imagine the sales leap had they enabled 4K video on it.

So they are going to sell how many 1D C's? 2000 of them? Mostly in one country. Does that seem like a good reason to piss off the 40,000 who would have bought a 1D X for 4K video? Does that seem like a good business decision, really?

How about you apply to canon for some sort of business position with your indepth analysis.

... I never  signed or hereby acknowledged to any of the above at the time of purchasing any of Canon or other cameras.

Depending on principality it may not matter.

Here in US we do have "Digital Millenium Act".

You haven't signed it. I haven't signed it.

But Congress - did.

Essentially when you can produce a camera that does 4K and make a nice profit on it at $6k, it just shows how weak the competition is when Canon can still be a market leader and DISABLE the entire feature, instead selling it for double the price to a select few. 4K isn't mainstream yet, but when it is Canon won't be able to sell a 4K DSLR for $6000 let alone $12,000.

When competition catches up, they'll lower the price and make adjustement. It doesn't make logical sense to do it earlier. It's like me saying competition is weak in video market cause you guys charge sooo muuch for your work. In the future, when we have raw in iphones and 1000x more processing power + many more educated ppl in video industry you won't be able to sell your work at current prices. LMAO.

When competition catches up, they'll lower the price and make adjustement. It doesn't make logical sense to do it earlier. It's like me saying competition is weak in video market cause you guys charge sooo muuch for your work. In the future, when we have raw in iphones and 1000x more processing power + many more educated ppl in video industry you won't be able to sell your work at current prices. LMAO.

For the same reason, we'll probably see the new 5D3 firmware(or 5DC) about the time BMC starts producing in volume.

In the future, when we have raw in iphones and 1000x more processing power + many more educated ppl in video industry you won't be able to sell your work at current prices. LMAO.

Live by copyright, die by copyright ;)