Sony Pushing for 4K Industry Standard

FilmMan

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I still think Sony is jaded in their prosumer division.  It claims XAVC 4:2:2 @ 60P, but this is a prosumer camcorder right?  "Handycam"?  And there's no way it'll sell at $3K if their other full-frame VG900 is selling at that price with that crap moire codec.  They might be showing off a 4K camcorder, but there's no way it'll fill any of those claims at that price.  More like XAVC H.264 8bit 4:2:0 @ 30P just like the rest of their consumer stuff.  Way to go Sony!

My computer struggles with Sony's AVCHD 50p 28mbps stuff at 1080p. God knows what'd happen at 4K! Leave my wallet alone, Sony! I don't want a big new TV and monitor and computer and camera and stack of hard disks and better eyesight...

In all seriousness, I watched a 4K film at NAB in Vegas about 2 or three years ago (that place wipes your memory) and the detail was really distracting on a 50-inch or so telly. I was focusing on the gravel in the road rather than the actors! It's so hyper-real it's absurd...

I still think Sony is jaded in their prosumer division...

Their pro division has always felt sorta threatened by their prosumer division, going back to Extended Definition Beta.  They get consumer (aside from their royal screw-up on BetaMax marketing) and they get pro but they've never really been able to let the middle ground really breath or properly react to competition or market desires, even when the jump was the difference between $5,000 and $100,000 or more.  

Both they and Canon stalled releasing proper 24P options to their prosumer customers until Panasonic and JVC forced them to actually compete for real.  Now it's practically ubiquitous but they nearly dragged their feet until the DSLR revolution began and prosumer went tapeless.