Canon 1DC has landed.

FilmMan

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I fuckin hate this camera. $12K, and it only records 1080 in 4:2:0 on board. You have to be shitting me.

the 12k price tag is null and void. since you are also getting an industry standard $8k stills camera for free within the 12K price. so your remaining $4k buys you the best performing high iso 1080p 4.2.0 money can buy. and that's not counting the 4k and c-log.

the 12k price tag is null and void. since you are also getting an industry standard $8k stills camera for free within the 12K price. so your remaining $4k buys you the best performing high iso 1080p 4.2.0 money can buy. and that's not counting the 4k and c-log.

More like $5K gets me 4k and c-log. The 1DX already comes with crappy "1080p" 4:2:0 and it only costs $6700.

More like $5K gets me 4k and c-log. The 1DX already comes with crappy "1080p" 4:2:0 and it only costs $6700.

s35 crop mode appears to be true 1080p with no downscaling.  1Dx wont do this.    5k is still cheap if you factor in that most buyers of this will do so with intention of making use of it as a still cam too.

I've seen plenty of good stuff shot on the fs100 and fs700 with their 'crappy' 4.2.0 in camera recording 

"s35 crop mode appears to be true 1080p with no downscaling. 1Dx wont do this.

If this is true, then I concede the point. Thanks for the Intel.

Also, if someone can write a script to efficiently downscale the 4k 4:2:2 to 1080p, we might be in business. we can use the down sample to increase the bit depth too, right? 

• Administrators

One option to consider to avoid the crazy pricing of this admittedly rather attractive beast is to get it on a finance deal, quit your job, and sell the your 4K footage as stock. 4K stock footage is in demand. Also I am pretty sure you could undercut a lot of Red shooters for a job which specifically demands 4K material.

The image on this camera is lovely. The pricing is indefensible though, but business is business.

One option to consider to avoid the crazy pricing of this admittedly rather attractive beast is to get it on a finance deal, quit your job, and sell the your 4K footage as stock. 4K stock footage is in demand. Also I am pretty sure you could undercut a lot of Red shooters for a job which specifically demands 4K material.

The image on this camera is lovely. The pricing is indefensible though, but business is business.

why not just buy a Scarlet then? 

• Administrators

Because the Scarlet is even more expensive, not as good in low light, not a full frame sensor nor does is it as good a stills camera.

I am in the 1D C camp but it could have been much better.

25p, $8k instead of $12k, HD-SDI and articulated screen... But then Canon are conservative.