Rangefinder Screengrabs

Caleb Genheimer

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Kind of off topic but as the Rangefinder is discussed here I should mention the SLR Magic Rangefinder with Imperial markings is in 77mm thread (http://www.adorama.com/SLRRCA.html) and works directly on our 1.33x and 2x Anamorphot adapters with 77mm front thread. Please note our Rangefinder in 72mm with Near/Normal markings (http://www.ebay.com/itm/SLR-Magic-Rangefinder-adapter-72mm-for-Anamorphic-clamps-/262129589075?hash=item3d08241b53:g:xnwAAOSw7hRWO72Y) does NOT work with our 1.33x and 2x Anamorphot adapters. If you use step-down ring there may be vignetting. The 72mm version would work for 72mm thread Anamorphic Clamps.

72mm version vignettes at 5K, maybe because none of the projection lenses does, and  LA 7200 works Ok too, i was expecting it will will be fine , nope;

it works OK in 2x ana mode, but i don't like it, it cuts the sides of the image;

Dear Andrew, any of the new SLR Magic anamorphic lenses cover 5 or 6K?

Thank you!

Sorry Andrew, didn't want to confuse you, i didn't use LA7200 with rangefinder, i just mentioned it as an example, in s35 at 5k it doesn't vignette, as well as Kowa 16h or ISCO ultra star, from 50mm and up; and putting rangefinder on kowa 16H creates strong vignette, without rangefinder kowa, or blue star , or ultra star don't vignette,
 but this is in 16;9, switching to 2x anamorphic mode fixes this vignette, but as i said i don't like that mode and prefer 3,5:1, but well;

shot some test tonight, 'human feces' will be the next test, but i like this glass. a bit too heavy, i would accept hard plastic framing, cuz for anamorphic setup it is a lens+adapter+rangefinder, gets heavy and bulky, i know, i know, real anamorphics are huge and heavy, just thinking out loud;

So, dear Andrew, are any of new SLR Magic anamorphic lenses cover 5 or 6k, because if they do that would be awesome.

thanks!

i never use zoom lenses with anamorphic adapters :))), but i always  try to shoot with fast glass, 1.4 prime stopped down is f2.8 and 2.8 prime stopped down is f4, ,and when it's dark  it's nice to have faster lens. a lot of DPs shoot wide open even when there is enough light:))), i like it too;

Thanks Andrew, i am looking forward to to try them all, and see what they can do :))