Iscorama 1060 MC

teh

Hello everybody,

I just recently started to look into anamorphic lenses and adapters. I always loved the look but never tried it myself. I have a narrative short film project coming up, where I would love to get the anamorphic "look" as I think it would fit very nicely.

I did some research and so far I think that the Panasonic AG-LA7200 would be the best choice for me. I really need to be able to rack focus so there aren't many choices obviously. 

I started a search on Dvxuser and had somebody offer me an alternative. It's the "Iscorama 1060 MC". From what the seller told me it sounds pretty nice. You can focus with your normal lens, it has better optics than the Panasonic and its easier to use diopters with this adapter (that's what he said). 

Of course I am open to alternatives but I really had a hard time finding information about this lens. There is just a little bit on wikipedia but thats pretty much it. No videos either...

The seller linked a video which was shoot using an Isco MC 2000, which is pretty close to the 1060 MC according to him. vimeo.com/28203770

I don't want to spend money on something I don't know or on which I can't find much information and at 1500$ it is not exactly cheap... and it's way more then I wanted to spend actually...

I would be very glad if somebody has any information on this lens that the could share!

Thanks a lot.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

The 1060 is for projection, not for shooting.  You could adapt it for shooting, but I don't imagine it would be very easy.  Probably not the best choice for rack focusing either, with a minimum focus even farther out than a regular iscorama. 

nice price  

you can have mine for that : )

please define what you need to do how serious you want the results to be do you shoot reactive super quick style or do you shoot old style with time to set up?

spending money quick can be a little messy.

unless it is a bargain proper full focus iscorama.