Sony F35 - to 12 bit dpx odyssey 7q - you cant beat that motion

Ed_David

The only other camera that comes close to the motion is the Ikonscope D16 or the Digital Bolex - but those both have native ASA of 200 - this is 400, which is what I really rate the red epic at and I rate the Red Dragon Highlight filter at 320 ASA - so it's more sensative - but also it has better overall color.

The Sony F35 is a damn fine tool and has a meaty-ness to its images due to its super high resolution 8k sensor and true 4:4:4 chroma sampling.  
It's a real steal on ebay - $7k about for the system - and it's a tank - it works thru everything - extreme heat and cold and you can drop it a ton of times - it's a beast.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Looks great. Slightly off topic but has anyone seen Project Greenlight this season? The director is brand new and goes to battle with HBO over wanting to use film instead of digital. They show him examples of the Alexa and he says it's "terrible."

ha, looked up some clips, he seems like a bit of a kook..

The f35 is so far under the radar. (hence the low $$$)  I can remember watching Zacuto's 2011 shoot out mistakenly  thinking, wow, the f35 is a dinosaur next to the other cams.  I played around some more this week with mine. Did side by sides with the 1dc and fs700 4k (different lenses on each cam, waiting for Trump 58 and 38 with Pl to eos adapter to make a better comparison). To me, the f35 is superior to these cams in almost every possible category except low light, size/weight, hfr, and affordable lens choice. If you were to upscale to 4k, I think there would easily be more true detail than either of the other cams (without artificial sharpening and its side effects).   I showed the images to a couple other people after applying matching impulz film luts for each cam (clog,slog2, and slog) with a quick match up in Resolve and asked them to pick their favorite.  F35 every time. Its image is one that I perceive to appear similar enough to the look I've been conditioned to associate with film.  The f35 has an organic texture, color, grit, depth, and feel to the image and motion that I don't see in today's very clean, high end cmos sensor cams.   Again, thanks to old cam prophet from the east for saving me from cmos.