SLR Rangefinder with no focus marks started selling?

redimp

This just sold on ebay. I'm wondering if it's a genuine Rangefinder or if it's some sort of a copy. 

How was this person able to acquire it is beyond my understanding. Anyone has any clues? It has Near - Normal – Far markings on the lens itself, and a back part of it has a different grip the the standard rangefinder.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

They are based at HK, so maybe there are some test units come out earlier. They said the marked version is more expensive than the none-marked version, just have to wait and to see. I want to get one, btw, if you know where to buy, please let me know. :d

Hey. So I've contacted SLR magic, and they confirmed that these units are currently being sold in Hong Kong only. They will come to US and EU 'later this year', supposedly November. They will cost $299 in US, and around that or more in EU.

So the one that I've bought is not a copy, but a genuine thing. 

Rapido, I've just contacted that seller, he told me he has one more item, asme without the marks and is willing to sell it to me for $500 flat. If you really want one I guess we can arrange a deal when he will ship both adapters to me (Ukraine) and I will then send yours to you (assuming you're in LA) via meest express.

Or you can pay $100 more and get it from Adorama. It will have imperial markings, and costs $599, without shipping. 

Redimp, for what lens did you get this one?

would be awesome if you could post your impressions about this unit when you get it, and maybe some test footage,

thx!

Isco Animex and a bunch of russian s16 primes. Looks like this adapter would be the biggest part of the setup. Will definitely share some test footage.

The Rangefinder with Near/Normal ring is a genuine SLR Magic Rangefinder. We have launched the product for sale in Hong Kong only at the moment.

It has 72mm rear filter thread and does not work with the SLR Magic Anamorphot 1.33x-50 and 2,0x-50 that well with a step-down ring.

Owners of the Anamorphot should look for the 77mm version of the Rangefinder with (Imperial) witness markings.

Hey. So I've contacted SLR magic, and they confirmed that these units are currently being sold in Hong Kong only. They will come to US and EU 'later this year', supposedly November. They will cost $299 in US, and around that or more in EU.

So the one that I've bought is not a copy, but a genuine thing. 

Rapido, I've just contacted that seller, he told me he has one more item, asme without the marks and is willing to sell it to me for $500 flat. If you really want one I guess we can arrange a deal when he will ship both adapters to me (Ukraine) and I will then send yours to you (assuming you're in LA) via meest express.

Or you can pay $100 more and get it from Adorama. It will have imperial markings, and costs $599, without shipping. 

thanks, I will wait for the $299 one at Nov, I should be able to buy it from  Adorama by then, right? I assume. 

The Rangefinder with Near/Normal ring is a genuine SLR Magic Rangefinder. We have launched the product for sale in Hong Kong only at the moment.

It has 72mm rear filter thread and does not work with the SLR Magic Anamorphot 1.33x-50 and 2,0x-50 that well with a step-down ring.

Owners of the Anamorphot should look for the 77mm version of the Rangefinder with (Imperial) witness markings.

Is there any optical difference between the two? When should we expect $299 version on sale in US?

thanks, I will wait for the $299 one at Nov, I should be able to buy it from  Adorama by then, right? I assume. 

You could buy the Rangefinder with Imperial markings with 77mm thread at Adorama already http://www.adorama.com/SLRRCA.html

The Rangefinder without Imperial markings is 72mm thread only and not compatible with the SLR Magic Anamorphot 1.33x-50 with 77mm thread and will not be offered to avoid confusion.

You could buy the Rangefinder with Imperial markings with 77mm thread at Adorama already http://www.adorama.com/SLRRCA.html

The Rangefinder without Imperial markings is 72mm thread only and not compatible with the SLR Magic Anamorphot 1.33x-50 with 77mm thread and will not be offered to avoid confusion.

So is there any optical difference between the two adapters? In terms of performance, coating, manufacturing precision?

One is made for 77mm or smaller thread and the other is made for 72mm or smaller thread. Same coating and optics. One has witness markings for focus puller and the other does not. The 72mm version was made for those who want to pull focus but do not need to see focus markings when doing so. For those with a Vid-Atlantic or Redstan 72mm front filter clamp the 72mm version would work directly on it.