NX to EF Adapter Recommendations

Calum MacPhail

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I reckon that should share the same mount as the pre mirrorless Sony Alphas (A mount). As it has electronic contacts, I doubt you would get aperture control like you can with Nikon lenses. 

EDIT:

I stand corrected! This seems to work, but it's fairly costly: http://www.videogear.co.uk/Lens-Mount-Adapters/Novoflex-Adapter-Minolta-AF-/-Sony-Alpha-Lenses-To-Samsung-NX-Cameras/prod_2417.html

That isn't cheap! Oh man. But thanks for the heads-up. There seems to be two versions: 
http://www.amazon.com/Novoflex-Adapter-NX-MIN-MD-Minolta/dp/B003Z6QFN2
http://www.amazon.com/Novoflex-NX-MIN-AF-Integrated-Aperature/dp/B003Z6QFMS (nearly $500 for aperature control)

• 4 weeks later...

I have come across a fotodiox ef mount adapter for the Samsung nx with declicked aperture control. I am interested in picking it up so I can invest in some sigma art glass ! Has anyone had any experience using these adapters that claim to have aperture control ? Is controlling the aperture via adapter going to give me as sharp of an image as if I were to stop down via lens ? 

If the aperture iris blades are in the actual adapter like this one, then NO that doesn't work and it will just create vignetting when stopped down.

However, there are adapter that can control the lens aperture on NIKON mount lenses , like this one for example: link (this one would also work on any Sigma Art with Nikon mount lens)

So potentially you could "double stack" adapters to retain aperture control on the NX1 with Nikon lenses.

[ NX1 - NX to EF adapter - EF to Nikon adapter - Nikon mount lens ]*

*might be a bit wobbly, depending on the quality of the adapters :p

If the aperture iris blades are in the actual adapter like this one, then NO that doesn't work and it will just create vignetting when stopped down.

However, there are adapter that can control the lens aperture on NIKON mount lenses , like this one for example: link (this one would also work on any Sigma Art with Nikon mount lens)

So potentially you could "double stack" adapters to retain aperture control on the NX1 with Nikon lenses.

[ NX1 - NX to EF adapter - EF to Nikon adapter - Nikon mount lens ]*

*might be a bit wobbly, depending on the quality of the adapters :p

thank you ! Im gonna look into this !

I think you can just get a Nikon mount Sigma and then get a Nikon G to NX adapter. 

True, although I didn't see any Nikon-NX adapters on B&H that offer aperture control.
However, this one on eBay seams to be the one!
|
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nikon-G-AFS-Lens-to-Samsung-NX1-NX3000-NX300M-NX300-NX-Adapter-Aperture-Control-/221804455384?hash=item33a49365d8:g:xf4AAOSwEeFVI4Zo

True, although I didn't see any Nikon-NX adapters on B&H that offer aperture control.However, this one on eBay seams to be the one!
|
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nikon-G-AFS-Lens-to-Samsung-NX1-NX3000-NX300M-NX300-NX-Adapter-Aperture-Control-/221804455384?hash=item33a49365d8:g:xf4AAOSwEeFVI4Zo

Yeah they do exist, I got one (Nikon G mount basicallt) and it work pretty good.

I usually just go with Fotasy adapters, they're inexpensive, they ship quickly from Rainbow Imaging out of NYC and they are a tight fit. The only issue I have ever found with them is that the lens focuses a hair past infinity... Which is annoying, but I have never bought a cheap adapter that didn't focus past infinity a hair. 

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Nikon-G-AFS-Lens-to-Samsung-NX1-NX3000-NX300M-NX300-NX-Adapter-Aperture-Control-/221804455384?nav=SEARCH

I usually just go with Fotasy adapters, they're inexpensive, they ship quickly from Rainbow Imaging out of NYC and they are a tight fit. The only issue I have ever found with them is that the lens focuses a hair past infinity... Which is annoying, but I have never bought a cheap adapter that didn't focus past infinity a hair. 

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Nikon-G-AFS-Lens-to-Samsung-NX1-NX3000-NX300M-NX300-NX-Adapter-Aperture-Control-/221804455384?nav=SEARCH

im going to pay the ransom for a novoflex adapter because my fotodiox one for my fd lenses definitely focuses past infinity

anybody tried a M42 to NX adapter, I got a bunch of excellent M42 optics but I tried it with a GH4 and was very disapointed? It felt like the glass was to far from the sensor and I'm afraid it could be the same with the NX1...

I got the adapter but I'm waiting for a friend to give me her vintage lenses :)

anybody tried a M42 to NX adapter, I got a bunch of excellent M42 optics but I tried it with a GH4 and was very disapointed? It felt like the glass was to far from the sensor and I'm afraid it could be the same with the NX1...

I have on my nx500 and they work nice. I think the older optics takes the harsh edge off the 4K. 

Here are a couple handheld clips, sorry for the shakiness, I just pulled over and took some quick sample shots. I used the zeiss jena 50mm f2.8. Everything was shot wide open, with no correction in post. I've also used some old Taks that look nice.

BTW, I convert everything to 1080p prores LT, in EditReady, before I do any post work. 

• Administrators

Apologies for the rather shoddy quality, just fired this together in a spare moment. A quick video running through some of the adapters I've just picked up, including the FotoDiox EF to NX adapter (thanks for the recommendation Ebrahim!) . 

Nice little comparison that!

The adapters I got for the NX1 were both rubbish (Appologies if anyone was mislead by inspecting the pics of my NX1 in the guide)

I can't recommend the Fotodiox Nikon adapter or the Kiwi EF adapter.

I may just have had duds, but the Fotodiox doesn't trigger the 'lens connected' pin on the mount, so I had to gum it down and the Kiwi didn't give me infinity.

Could be the early models or duds... maybe they fixed it... you'd think so as these are pretty glaring flaws.

I have had a chance to get some other adapters sorted out for the NX1 and I can recommend:

Ciecio7's FD adapter

Ciecio7's PL adapter

Anything by Novoflex

Nice little comparison that!

The adapters I got for the NX1 were both rubbish (Appologies if anyone was mislead by inspecting the pics of my NX1 in the guide)

I can't recommend the Fotodiox Nikon adapter or the Kiwi EF adapter.

I may just have had duds, but the Fotodiox doesn't trigger the 'lens connected' pin on the mount, so I had to gum it down and the Kiwi didn't give me infinity.

Could be the early models or duds... maybe they fixed it... you'd think so as these are pretty glaring flaws.

I have had a chance to get some other adapters sorted out for the NX1 and I can recommend:

Ciecio7's FD adapter

Ciecio7's PL adapter

Anything by Novoflex

how are the Ciecio's in comparison to Novoflex ? The Novoflex are ridiculously expensive compared to everything else but the Ciecio adapters look more high end ! Are the novoflex adapters a more precise design or something ?