ISCORAMA x1.33-16-9 RARE… for sale !

cricriprod

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I'm in the market for a 1.33x solution, but I just can't justify $3000. 

Are there any known 1.33x projector lenses that could come close when paired with a diopter (SLR magic/FM/cinelux) ?

As far as I'm aware, nothing comes close in optical quality terms.  that said, if you grab a century/optex '2 element/fixed focus design', a tokina +0.4 and a wide lens, then stick to m4/3 or smaller and optical quality will be pretty good, and a lot cheaper.   You'll have flares, a little anamorphic optical look, but minimal defocus artefacts.  if you need all three, full frame and fast lenses, as well as 1.33 or 1.5x the only option is the iscorama or widecreen attachment version of the iscorama. 

Don't limit yourself to 1.33x.  a 1.5x widescreen2000 is also a viable option, as are the little iscomorphot anamorphics.  

As far as I'm aware, nothing comes close in optical quality terms.  that said, if you grab a century/optex '2 element/fixed focus design', a tokina +0.4 and a wide lens, then stick to m4/3 or smaller and optical quality will be pretty good, and a lot cheaper.   You'll have flares, a little anamorphic optical look, but minimal defocus artefacts.  if you need all three, full frame and fast lenses, as well as 1.33 or 1.5x the only option is the iscorama or widecreen attachment version of the iscorama. 

Don't limit yourself to 1.33x.  a 1.5x widescreen2000 is also a viable option, as are the little iscomorphot anamorphics.  

Thanks, Rich - good info. In my case I'm looking to use this on a S35 16/9 HD sensor, which sounds like it unfortunately makes the pricey Isco here my best bet...

In truth, Hawk V-Lites fill the exact niche I'm looking for - but are out of my budget to rent. Really wish there were affordable options as there are in the 2x stretch world. Perhaps as you mention 1.5x is the way to go.

• 2 weeks later...