Kowa B&H Close Focus Mod & other 'Tweaks'

Hans Punk

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 4/11/2021 at 8:16 PM, dr5chrome said:

Hench.   My sankor 16D  is having a focus issue, but not an infinity. I believe it is alignment. On the 16D do I align this scope at the rear or is the front adjustable? thanks.  dw

Yes. The front. Loosen the guides and rotate the front to the left or right to fix focus. 

just did an infinity mod on my isco widescreen (put a spacer between the glass elements) and the image was completely soft. just tried this photo mode zoom in technique and not only does it focus to infinity now but it's twice as sharp, doesn't effect image sharpness from taking lens now.

• 4 months later...

I just tried this adjustment with a Kowa 16-s. Unlike the sankor 16D, the kowa had no play in the tabs. Since the 16s looked new it seemed like 2 of the tabs were glued in some fashion, though the screws came out. The brass tabs would not even pry out [sharp exacto]. I didnt want to risk damage, so I returned the scope. The alignment was way off. 😔

IMGP9104.jpg

• 6 months later...