An RX10 ii issue. Anyone else have this?

jgharding

during a shoot it stopped recording and said something along the lines of "failed to read card" then went black and seemed to crash

it rebooted and told me I should try and recover files. This failed, from then on it said it failed to read the card.

this card had worked for the previous day and the current one, but suddenly went wrong.

the camera was fine with another memory card.

LUCKILY all the files were there one I got to a computer, but i didn't use the camera for the rest of the day as I didn't want to risk it.

it seems VERY temperamental about SD cards, even ones that clearly meet the states specs...

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

That is pretty much what happens when the card fails. Same thing happens with SSDs when they die. There are no warning signs, just one day it will suddenly stop working or become unusably erratic. When you see that sort of behaviour, never trust the card again, even if you can use it some times.

these are the exact cards im using w my rx10ii and i havent had any problems........ yet ?

I'll post back when i have more info, I bet the card will be fine in the C100, those cameras still record if you push a potato into the SD slot

Of my SD cards that meet the specs Sony states are needed for 4k and 100p, 4 out of 7 actually work. That's not a great hit rate.

From: http://www.eoshd.com/comments/topic/8842-what-memory-card-should-i-buy-for-gh4/

I'm exclusively using SanDisk Extreme Pro SDXC 64GB 95MB/s cards. SanDisk has proven themselves with the Extreme Pro series which I went with for the GH2 back in the day. Not the cheapest though.

Lots of people I guess are using the fast Transcend cards as well, which are a bit more affordable. Samsung's PRO-line seems decent too.

I have bad experiences with Transcend and Kingston. Perhaps they've upped their game in the last years, might well be, but I'm loyal to SanDisk now already.

Handled hacked GH2 bitrates like a boss for spanning and eversince still is my go to kind of card whether it being the GH2, GH4, BMPCC, D5300, LX100 or FZ1000 I'm shooting with. Might be a bit pricier... but hey, if you're shooting CF's full of ML RAW on a 5DmkIII for example I imagine storage is going to be quite expensive too. In the end you need to be able to trust your cards, because well... you know: captured footage is king. It's the one thing that really needs to be done right. So I feel more relaxed paying a couple of bucks extra, but knowing that I've got stuff that served me and many others well for years.

And with the recent post that someone lost RAW shooting on the BMPCC because of the wrong card... to me confirms SanDisk remains the way to go.

omg ?

not really funny tho ?

Yeah it's a pretty sad display...

From: http://www.eoshd.com/comments/topic/8842-what-memory-card-should-i-buy-for-gh4/

And with the recent post that someone lost RAW shooting on the BMPCC because of the wrong card... to me confirms SanDisk remains the way to go.

Unfortunately two of the cards that don't work despite meeting the specs are SanDisk. One is Transcend.

The four that do work are all Integral Ultima Pro X which were the cheapest of the lot.

Yeah it's a pretty sad display...

Unfortunately two of the cards that don't work despite meeting the specs are SanDisk. One is Transcend.

The four that do work are all Integral Ultima Pro X which were the cheapest of the lot.

Hum. That suprises me. Those are Extreme Pro 95s as well? Or just Ultra series?

The other day my Panasonic LX100 told there was no SD, my heart stopped for several seconds! I was in the middle of nowhere and didn't have a proper SD backup. The SD was inside, I restarted the camera and it found it and I formatted it. 

Memory cards are important!

Imagine if this happened when you already had footage on there! You could either reformat or stop shooting...

This sort of thing makes me nervous about using bridge cameras and consumer cameras for paid work...

Here's a giant picture of the memory cards that work. I couldn't find how to resize...

[..]

Good to know. But what I was wondering if the card you used from SanDisk you said didn't work was a Extreme Pro 95MB/s-series card or the Ultra-series for example..?

Yup. That's why 'In the end you need to be able to trust your cards, because well... you know: captured footage is king. It's the one thing that really needs to be done right. So I feel more relaxed paying a couple of bucks extra, but knowing that I've got stuff that served me and many others well for years'. And in SanDisk I trust. So it really takes me by surprise that it would corrupt on jg like that. But I do have to say that I kind of exclusively use the Extreme Pro 95MB/s-series and not any of the cheaper ones. So I was curious which exact card he was using there. Maybe it's a Sony Cybershot-thing though.

Yup. That's why 'In the end you need to be able to trust your cards, because well... you know: captured footage is king. It's the one thing that really needs to be done right. So I feel more relaxed paying a couple of bucks extra, but knowing that I've got stuff that served me and many others well for years'. And in SanDisk I trust. So it really takes me by surprise that it would corrupt on jg like that. But I do have to say that I kind of exclusively use the Extreme Pro 95MB/s-series and not any of the cheaper ones. So I was curious which exact card he was using there. Maybe it's a Sony Cybershot-thing though.

I'm guessing it's aSony thing. They all work fine in the C100s.

Oddly, the cheapest cards all work fine in the Sony...

These days I'm mostly using Lexar 64GB 1000x / UHSII cards. I had that same Transcend U3 Card once make corrupted images on my D7100 (stills). The numerous and cheap Komputerbay SDXC 64GB cards have seen some use as well .. and no problems so far on those. I only buy 64GB cards (a some what wise policy from the GH2 realm)

The mentioned cards are:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PLENZX4?keywords=lexar sdxc 64&qid=1443966741&ref_=sr_1_6&sr=8-6

http://www.amazon.com/Komputerbay-Secure-Digital-Extended-Capacity/dp/B004LCIU1E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1443966794&sr=8-1&keywords=komputerbay+sdxc