Anyone seen any footage from the BM Micro Cinema Camera

richg101

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

Ebrahim is the one to tell you the right value of the sensor of this camera.

I actually don't have the micro on pre-order and there's no footage out yet. I expect seeing a compressed YT sample somewhere around October, 2017.

What we do have is theory it's the same fairchild imaging pocket s16 sensor with added an global shutter mode and 60p rolling mode. So It'll most likely look identical with the added 60p and global shutter mode (which when activated takes DR down about a stop). Expect that.

The 4K Studio sensor is horrible, stay away.

I actually don't have the micro on pre-order and there's no footage out yet. I expect seeing a compressed YT sample somewhere around October, 2017.

What we do have is theory it's the same fairchild imaging pocket s16 sensor with added an global shutter mode and 60p rolling mode. So It'll most likely look identical with the added 60p and global shutter mode (which when activated takes DR down about a stop). Expect that.

Yes, I meant the 4K studio sensor per se.

Please can you share some footage?  

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

Please can you share some footage?  

I can fetch some footage from the 4K Studio camera from a local broad. pub I shot at, but not any 1080p Micro Cinema Camera footage, 

The 4K sensor they're labeling ''studio'' sends one of the most hideous images I've ever sent. 7-8 stops maximum DR, aliases worse than Canon DSLRs, unusable Rolling Shutter, and doesn't go beyond 200-320 ISO at the very max. I guess this is the reason they're not marketing it for filmmakers, it's just for rec709 shooter for overly bright, fixed studio broadcast scenarios. I warn people from buying the 4K Micro Camera thinking it's a 4K version of the Micro/pocket camera. It's entirely different. You're in for a shock.

I am waiting for the Micro Cinema toy, looks lovely. 

I would think you're interested in these cameras for your Forbes 70mm project to get global shutter + 60p?