A7S HDMI output at 50P ?

paulraymaekers

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

I have one on pre-order for 6 years now. I can't find information on its 60p support, maybe it does it'd be the first affordable solution out there. I know it takes a 30p 4K signal downscales it and records it to 1080p ProRes, It seems to be taking forever that I am honestly thinking of cancelling and buying an Atomos from the store down the street today! 

It doesn't help that people are reporting a very bad screen and there's no information on having peaking or any features. I still can't decide. 

But do you guys think BM official photography could be of the actual screen? For example here it looks identical to the 5DIII LCD/Signal which is extremely colour accurate and high contrast, it's just bigger:

rBaM8Kx.thumb.jpg.7efa4f98fc833da7bdcf45

and here it looks extremely accurate and nice actually

monitoring.jpg

From these pictures I can see it has Histogram on bottom left (enough for ETTR exposure to me to replace a WFM), magnification on top right, Timecode, and 2 channel big audio meters, all in a nice UI.

Yeah sorry man, definitely photoshop'd.

Yes indeed. Quite nicely in fact. I shot most of this in 1080/60p on the original a7s. Mix between crop and full frame mode

Ahh, this was you. Saw this on Vimeo ages and ages ago and was super impressed with the footage. Think it was one of the videos that convinced me to buy one. Even now, nice job. Is footage out through HDMI (with a Shogun I'm guessing) better in your opinion?

Yeah sorry man, definitely photoshop'd.

Ahh, this was you. Saw this on Vimeo ages and ages ago and was super impressed with the footage. Think it was one of the videos that convinced me to buy one. Even now, nice job. Is footage out through HDMI (with a Shogun I'm guessing) better in your opinion?

This was actually all internal. Never used a shogun to be honest! Thanks for the kind words.