Blackmagic Cinema Camera goes anamorphic with the Isco CentaVision 2x

Andrew Reid

I'm looking at getting the GH3 (can't afford the BMCC) and was wondering if the Helios 44M-2 and anamorphic adapter would work on it?

I'm very used to using canon 7D and 5Dii, but time has come to invest in my own equipment. I'm just a bit concerned in investing in MFT lenses as they don't seem very future proof when moving up to RAW camera's at later date. I love the look of old primes, but do they work well with MFT camera if you have the right adapter?

Yes. The helios + anamorphic adapter usually works well. I've used it on my gh2.  

• 7 months later...
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Beautiful footage andrew, great job. I'm blown away by the DR and low light capabilities. Are you doing any/much noise reduction on the footage?

Also I have isco envy, i have a 36 with which my only beef is the 1.5 bokeh is not as nice as the 2x of my Kowa. I did not know a 2x single focus existed, how rare is that thing?

This was on the EF camera, but you can use the same M42 mount lens (Helios) and same anamorphic on the MFT camera for the same results.

Andrew, Thanks for the response. Indeed, It is very helpful to know that both cameras can use the same set up, which is a surprise due to the differences lens mounts each one uses.

First of all amazing footage Andrew!!!

Second is this anamorphic lens the same as Iscorama Isco 2x Anamorphic lens that you can find on ebay, and what other lenses except Helios could you mount on it? For Example could it work with Contax Yashica 85mm, or any 35mm like Rokinon (or any other lens for that matter)? Also would you suggest LOMO Anamorphic lens to go together with LOMO 35mm and possibly 24mm?

Thanks a lot!!