I just modified my Iscorama 36 for close focus

richg101

God, i finally got mine to unscrew, i was pushing for about 5 minutes in rubber dipped gloves and it wouldn't budge and then finally it gave. Didn't have the right size screw driver to finish the job.

How did you guys work out which stopper to grind off? I would have thought grinding off the stopper at the close focus end would be whats needed, not the infinity....

I'm also trying to add the stopper as rich did for rob, little afraid of drilling plastic.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

God, i finally got mine to unscrew, i was pushing for about 5 minutes in rubber dipped gloves and it wouldn't budge and then finally it gave. Didn't have the right size screw driver to finish the job.

How did you guys work out which stopper to grind off? I would have thought grinding off the stopper at the close focus end would be whats needed, not the infinity....

I'm also trying to add the stopper as rich did for rob, little afraid of drilling plastic.

Refer to that picture I took in this thread of the original stopper and it's placement on the plastic housing.  That's the one you want to remove, and like many others said, depending on where you have set the focus at before removing the plastic housing, it becomes very easy to see which one needs to get removed..  and it's not the infinity stopper.  Looks like Rich drilled a small hole, and used a alan screw nub to secure the housing.

edit - if you look at the plastic cover after its removed, if you turn it to where it says "6ft" and look on the other side of the ring, facing you, on the internal part of the ring.  once again refer to the picture i took, to be more clear.

• 2 months later...

So updating everyone here as I said I would.  Got my lens back from vandiemen, and she's a beauty!!  And I have to say, as much criticism as VD has got on their turn-around time, they not only did a great job on the build but also did exactly in the time frame they promised me.  Couldn't recommend this upgrade enough for any Isco 36 or pre 36 owners.  Takes a great lens and makes it the BEST!

post-21373-0-86154500-1380597495_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

Couldn't help to sign up since I've been tinkering with anamorphics for a while.

I have a few and decided to downsize my set and probably just keep the only one I use, a Kowa Prominar 35 1.5x. I really like how it handles barrel distortion, abherration and how sharp it is compared to the other ones I have.

Focusing is a bit tricky for these kind of attachments so I was wondering if it's possible to modify this one, and make it so that I'd can keep the prime on infinity and just focus the anamorphic.

• 2 months later...

I will do this mod on my pre 36 iscorama tomorrow.
Any recommendations for a focus gear? 

As a stopper i think i will place a zipper focus gear with the lock right where the closest focus (3,2) is. that will prevent the isco not to screw itself off ... since 90% i work with a follow focus and the zipper lock will hit the follow focus gear.

good idea?