Internal Zoom taker lens for BMCC and iscorama 54

Greg R Greenhaw

I'm currently use a canon 70-200 f4 with my iscorama 54 on my 5d mark II and it fits perfectly and allows me to zoom with the canon and focus with the isco.  I'm thinking about buying a BMCC and an not sure how to mirror this setup on that camera. I did look at the panasonic 35-100 f2.8 but its kinda pricey.

Also what is the widest lens that I can use on the BMCC with a iscorama 54? 28mm?

Any other suggestions? 

Thanks

Greg

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

If the Iscorama 54's widest taking lens is 50mm, then the corresponding focal length would be ~22mm.  If it's 45mm, then it's ~20mm.  If you wanted to mirror your 70-200 lens, that means ~30mm - ~90mm.  Maybe the Canon 24-105mm f/4 would do the trick for mirroring the 70-200?  It has IS and goes wider then the Panasonic, though it's still a bit pricey.

I've just ordered the Pana 35-100mm f2.8 to use with my 54/AF102/GH2 - I'll let you know the results.

But don't forget the BMCC m4/3 mount isn't powered. [yet]

ps : I've used the Pana 14-140mm with my 54 which cropped @ 28mm I had the 54 on a 15mm rail lens support setup - the 54 was so heavy that it allowed the support to side smoothly in & out on carbon rods. With no power zoom the manual zooming action worked great - not to mention the OIS!

• 4 weeks later...

I just got the first version of the Tokina AT-X Pro 28-70mm f/2.6-2.8 at keh for $400. It is based on the original Angenieux design. It is very nice and has an internal zoom with hard focus and zoom stops. The filter size is 77mm. This lens will cover the 64mm-160mm range on a Full frame DSLR. It's perfect to use with the iscorama 54 on the BMCC.

Here is a link to a sample video I found. 

http://vimeo.com/22643428